PDA

View Full Version : Tuning trans with Electronic Throttle

samh_08
April 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Is it just me or will I never see 0% throttle with an electronic throttle. I never see anything below 8% and the throttle percentage seems unpredictable at times. I am unsure how to go about tuning these parameters if the actual throttle position is different than my pedal position. I attached my tune for those who want to see where Im at.

Anyone came across this?

Let me know, thanks.
Sam

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2009, 02:09 PM
You will never see below that number, ETC vehicles have no IAC so the PCM/ECM keeps the engine running by adjusting the throttle position itself.

samh_08
April 20th, 2009, 02:17 PM
So any advice on how I should tune for this?

I assume this applies to alot of other tables that are discussed on here assuming that we all have cable throttle bodies?

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Well yes and no, Ive never dealt with a non-ETC car, both my TrailBlazers use ETC so Ive learned on it.

What parameters are you looking at with relationship to throttle position?

samh_08
April 20th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Basically as of now Im wondering about the trans cals and in gear idle tuning.

So i shoulld put the same values in the first 3 TPS cells according to what I want my trans to do with my foot off the gas?

Big Mike
April 20th, 2009, 08:52 PM
So i shoulld put the same values in the first 3 TPS cells according to what I want my trans to do with my foot off the gas?Thats exactly how I've been doing it Sam (adjusting closed throttle downshifting) and it's been working fine for me. '04 2500HD w/ETC.

samh_08
April 20th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Good deal. :beer:Any other comments on the situation?