PDA

View Full Version : Anything different for AutoVe on ETC vehicles

samh_08
April 20th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Just as the title says. Is there anything that I have to do different in the AutoVE process such as different filters for throttle position or anything like that. I am never seeing anything below around 10%

Let me know, Thanks. :cheers:

I'd like to add that it wants to die off throttle rolling idle at low speeds. My idle tables look odd to me, anyone want to check it out for me? I have my latest tune and AutoVE log attached.

samh_08
April 22nd, 2009, 04:55 AM
Anybody? ETC seems to be harder to find support for. :doh2:

samh_08
April 24th, 2009, 02:39 AM
There has to be someone that can point me in the right direction..?

joecar
April 24th, 2009, 04:11 AM
AutoVE should be the same regardless of ETC or cable throttle... you still want throttle transients filtered out.

samh_08
April 24th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Good deal. How about decel filtering? I never see my throttle go below 10% so is it necessary to modify the filters?

joecar
April 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Disable DFCO (it is not included in the commanded AFR log).

samh_08
April 24th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I have DFCO enable temp set to 252. Would that not disable it?

As for my rolling idle problem, I noticed my throttle cracker table was zeroed out by the original tuner. Would this be the issue I am having?

joecar
April 24th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Yes, that disables DCFO.

I don't know... try setting TC back to stock and see what happens... I think 10% might be normal, but I don't have experience with ETC... hopefully someone will chime in.

Joe
:)

samh_08
April 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Found the culprit I believe! I changed the TC enable speed to 10 and disable to 9 and no more problem. Not quite sure what that means for my tune though as far as if there was some other issue that I masked with this..

On another note, I am noticing that all of my TPS related tables seem the same as they would be with a cable throttle body. This makes no sense because I dont see anything under about 10%. Is there some other PID that the PCM is actually using that I cannot see? I am currently using ETCTP for viewing my throttle position.

What am I missing? :shock:

ChucksZ06
April 25th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Check my post about the 02 Z06. You are right...it is like those that know about the etc won't tell. In mine the throttle as reported in pids stays around 14%. If I get it any lower it dies. I also noticed when I took control with bidirectional controls that they indicated only 2% opening at idle. It is like the etc is not synced up with the pcm. If it was a cable tb I would reset the tps. I have asked on this forum about that and no one will answer. I would love to see some of the settings on ls2 vettes but my release of efi will not read the newer ecms. I think I will mess with the location of the IAC counts some more. Good luck. BTW a stock log of a 5.3 with etc shows about 10 percent.

Highlander
April 25th, 2009, 02:51 PM
OK OK...

Do not fuss about the ETC opening % in the end it means nothing. What you want to have more or less inline is your IACDES_B with your mass airflow table to a degree...

Have your RAFIG done correctly but make the trims remove air instead of add air.

Where does your engine want to die?? what mods do you have on your engine?

Highlander
April 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Try this.

samh_08
April 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the responses. I have a couple questions as always. Why would ETC opening % mean nothing? Care to elaborate? I am also curious as to why you changed the tables you did in my tune.

I will be tuning the car for speed density and my mods are as follows:

- 2005 LQ4 6.0 with milled/ported 5.3L heads w/ a 231/234 .643/.598 111 LSA cam
-1 ¾ stepped into 1 7/8 headers
- Stock truck intake and injectors
- All emissions related items removed
- FLT 4L60E trans with a Yank 3600 stall

Need to know anything else?

Thanks again :cheers:

Highlander
April 26th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Because you shouldn't care what % the ETC is opening. That can change depending on the PID. What you want is that the PCM calculates/assumes a correct situation. Otherwise it will overcorrect/undercorrect.

No.. that is about it... you shouldn't have too many issues with that cam to idle correctly... Worse case scenario use the TPS VE table and the COS5

samh_08
April 26th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Why shouldn't I care..alot of tables are TPS related. Idling is not really the issue anymore. If you missed my earlier post I said.."Found the culprit I believe! I changed the TC enable speed to 10 and disable to 9 and no more problem. Not quite sure what that means for my tune though as far as if there was some other issue that I masked with this..

On another note, I am noticing that all of my TPS related tables seem the same as they would be with a cable throttle body. This makes no sense because I dont see anything under about 10%. Is there some other PID that the PCM is actually using that I cannot see? I am currently using ETCTP for viewing my throttle position.

What am I missing? :shock:"

You didnt answer me about why you changed the things you did in my tune.

Let me know, thanks.

ChucksZ06
April 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Sam.. Highlander is right. Forget about that throttle opening.

samh_08
April 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Ok. I still dont have an explaination though. What I am supposed to use for seeing my actual input to the throttle body?

Sorry about asking for further explaination, but I want to learn..not just blindly listen ;)

Let me know, thanks guys.

Highlander
April 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Do you need to know the ms the PCM is sending to the injectors???

pretty much you don't... what you want to know is that your target AFR and commanded are pretty much in line....

That is what I am trying to explain... you use the TPS to see what is going on but in the end, to make sense of it, its going to be totally different depending on the TB size. That is why you have to have b4349 with the correct number.

samh_08
April 28th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Gotcha. As far as tables like DFCO and all the min and max throttle tables, what am I supposed to do there when I run into issues. For example table B3316 is DFCO throttle enable and the highest value is 7.5%. According to the PID for my throttle % I would never fall into that range.

Another reason I ask is because a lot of the trans calibration tables are TPS related. There would be at least two cells that I would never hit if I believed my PID ya know..

Catch my drift ;). Remember, this is a engine and trans swap and is also my first time tuning these PCMS and I basically have to start from scratch. I know its a pain to teach the noob but we all have been here once.

Enough preaching. Let me know what you think, Thanks! :beer:

ChucksZ06
April 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Sam, try the pid "Absolute throttle position". It seems to make more sense. Chuck

Kurtomac
April 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
absolute throttle position...or do you mean absolute pedal position?

ChucksZ06
April 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
On mine is Absolute throttle Position SAE.TP under parameters