PDA

View Full Version : 6l80e shift time completion

b18cls1
April 21st, 2009, 12:35 PM
i have a g8tt running 600rwhp and during the shifts it delays bigtime, the car will start the shift and it will lay down hard for .7 to 1 seconds then complete the shift, ive tried tq mangment off and on and no difference.

ive attached the tune

Tre-Cool
April 24th, 2009, 01:50 AM
try this one.

you have some very low line pressure settings this is probably why you wait so long.

I have also changed the cal to only use 1 shift pressure patern, same as what i did on mine. cant see the point in having multiple shift pressures.

DO you have a stall in yours at all?
And is the delay only between 2nd -3rd gear?

I have found that i have delay between 2nd-3rd after cold starts the first time it goes for 3rd it will revup before changing into the next gear. At the drags i manually change into 3rd gear while waiting in line before i go out and do a run.

b18cls1
April 28th, 2009, 02:10 AM
i will try this tune, the delay will happen in all gears, no stall stock converter

b18cls1
April 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
tranny still has no idea what the hell to do, this trannys starting to piss me off...... everything i try it will not shift

here are some datalogs

Tre-Cool
April 30th, 2009, 03:37 AM
You need better logs. Hard to work out whats happening without tps.

Makre sure your running the latest firmware etc and then upload this options file. You will need to do black box logging from the v2 controller.

I use this for my car at the strip and driving around as you can pull data from both the ecm/tcm.

Also attached is an example from my car at the strip the other night. bare in mind i have a 3500 circle d stall.

oztracktuning
May 1st, 2009, 01:08 AM
What do you think the glitch is that is apparent in log BBL00069 at 32kph and 30kph in BBL00070. In 070 it looks like wheelspin due to VSS BUT in 069 it doesnt show wheelspin?

This is what mine did at the track under boost in 1st, it might just be that sometimes VSS doesnt spike when the car wheelspins. It misses the event and doesnt display the data??

oztracktuning
May 1st, 2009, 01:23 AM
Yours Trecool is displaying very low values for Torque, so watch out that this will send it lower in the Box pressure tables as well. This might give you a chance to get even quicker shifts happening as a possibility.

My box is shifting with boost 1-2 with issues probably mostly due to wheelspin happening when it needs to change gears, 2-3 in 0.300s (top of rpm to bottom) and 3-4 in 0.224s. It has aftermarket 4-5-6 thats all. 1-2-3 is stock and a CircleD converter that i was able to stall 3000rpm against the brake. Enough for 7psi boost.

b18cls1
May 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
here is a test of the bbl this have everything needed, its raining here today so no good log i will get one as soon as it stops raining

b18cls1
May 26th, 2009, 12:51 PM
look at 9:25 near the end between the 2-3 takes 1.2 seconds and i have to lift off the throttle and then it will complete the shift.

b18cls1
June 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
anybody have a an idea? im at a loss

Alex(AUS)
June 4th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Try to switch the apapts off and get the tune right in terms of desired/actual shift times and pressures then reapply adapts. We simply need more tables to control the A6 properly at these high power levels ...

Alex

b18cls1
June 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
how can you change how fast it shifts, if desired is .2 but takes .8 what needs to be modified to get the actuals down to desired

oztracktuning
June 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Leave adapts turned on. Thats the tip.

Alex(AUS)
June 4th, 2009, 07:20 PM
how can you change how fast it shifts, if desired is .2 but takes .8 what needs to be modified to get the actuals down to desired

Adapts should stay on once you get it sorted (or dont ever switch it off as Steve says). Try to increase the shift times (0.3+) ... dont rush the shifts .... and pressures (1500). You need to control on-coming / off-going clutch settings to get the base tune right (which Efi doesnt have) and then adapt range and consistency should improve.

Alex

oztracktuning
June 4th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hi Alex
i have been cautioned against turning off adapts and playing on clutch settings by some master US tuners (spoken on the phone).
I have found the exact opposite of what you have suggested is the key to getting better shifts. One issue we see though is inconsistency box to box, we believe a lot of this is differing levels of fluid in the boxes, they really need a larger pan.
I really dont want to share all the specifics since we have developed quite a good box tune :) , but it still varies car to car much more than in a 4L65

oztracktuning
June 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
It will adapt to be quicker. But you have to have torque reduction turned on.

Alex(AUS)
June 8th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Hi Alex
i have been cautioned against turning off adapts and playing on clutch settings by some master US tuners (spoken on the phone).
I have found the exact opposite of what you have suggested is the key to getting better shifts. One issue we see though is inconsistency box to box, we believe a lot of this is differing levels of fluid in the boxes, they really need a larger pan.
I really dont want to share all the specifics since we have developed quite a good box tune :) , but it still varies car to car much more than in a 4L65

Yeah that may be true. I have experienced it the other way with multiple cars but then again everyone i speak to says different things about different cars. Obviously it is hard to talk about something you cannot talk about ... it would certainly be alot easier if we had adapt pids so it would be possible to see what the adapts are actually doing and why ...

Alex

b18cls1
June 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
ive tried just about everything i can try on this thing still it will hang. im about ready to thow this trans in the garbage

Alex(AUS)
June 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
ive tried just about everything i can try on this thing still it will hang. im about ready to thow this trans in the garbage

Steve seems to have the answer to these problems with high hp cars (like his) why dont you buy the tune of him to sort it?

Alex

b18cls1
June 8th, 2009, 02:06 PM
if someone has a tune that will fix this thing i would buy it.

Alex(AUS)
June 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM
if someone has a tune that will fix this thing i would buy it.

Where are you located?

Alex

b18cls1
June 9th, 2009, 11:47 AM
savannah ga usa

Alex(AUS)
July 2nd, 2009, 02:34 AM
savannah ga usa

Did you get it fixed? What was the problem?

Thanks,

Alex

b18cls1
July 2nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
still hangs had the os updated at the dealer and its gotten better but will still hang

gmh308
July 2nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
still hangs had the os updated at the dealer and its gotten better but will still hang

What is this in?

MAF is topping out where you are having trouble (or at least it is hitting 512g/s) - which could be a problem in itself. Calc torque would be very high, but it is not logged.

512g/s at 6000rpm is some seriously nice power :).

Is TM on or off ?

Hi stall or stock converter? (EDIT: found that answer: stock).

:)

Alex(AUS)
July 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM

Have you tried extending the shift times to say 0.60 (or more) just to see if it will complete the shift? Also, leave torque management on and make sure you are not limiting the amount of spark it can take out in the engine tune.

Alex

b18cls1
June 14th, 2010, 01:58 PM
ive extended the time shortened the time tm on/off and now with the 2800 stall convereter its hell