PDA

View Full Version : PID's, Option.txt?

SGFastMax
April 21st, 2009, 10:00 PM
im new with a v2 and im trying to scan and log. but i dont know how to select pid's and option texts on the v2. or do i have to do this from the computer first? help

Blacky
April 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM
Do you want to:
1. scan/log using FlashScan as a passthrough to the PC/laptop?
or
2. scan/log using FlashScan as a standalone data logger (i.e. Black Box Logging, aka BBL)?

For option 1, just select the PIDs in the V7.5 Scan Tool software.

For option 2, You can edit the Options.txt file using Notepad and enter the PID names that you want to log. The available PID names for Options.txt can be found in the appropriate text files in the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\Pid Descriptions

Each PID is listed with its channel count in square brackets. For best results try to keep the total channel count of all selected PIDs at or below 24 for LB7/LLY and 28 for LBZ/LMM.

A new update for the BBL setup is currently in beta test. It has an easy to use front end for setting up both FlashScan and AutoCal with PID selections for BBL. A pre-release version should be available once the beta software is stable, probably in the next few weeks.

Until then you'll need to edit the Options.txt file manually.

Regards
Paul

duramaximizer
January 25th, 2010, 01:48 PM
This is the thread for bbl. Bump to the top!

bballer182
January 25th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Why did you bump this? This is an old out dated thread. It's commonly known that you are supposed to use V8 (scan&tune) to setup BBL

Paul posted this reply way back before scan&tune was released to the public.

duramaximizer
January 25th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Because this is the only way I could change my PID's the POS V8 version I am using does NOT work and this DOES.

So please explain to me WTF I am doing wrong. :doh2:

joecar
January 25th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Are you using this version of V8: showthread.php?t=12834 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12834)

mr.prick
January 25th, 2010, 04:01 PM
The software writes the options.txt now and it is
much easier than having to do it with notepad especially if you aren't familiar with
how it is formatted.

duramaximizer
January 25th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Are you using this version of V8: showthread.php?t=12834 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12834)

Thank You! :cheers:

The software writes the options.txt now and it is
much easier than having to do it with notepad especially if you aren't familiar with
how it is formatted.

I don't know if I am familiar with shit, but I'll know if something is changed. :doh2:

joecar
January 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Have a look at these pics, in particular the one with the multiple arrows.

duramaximizer
January 26th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I think I have it. Thanks.