PDA

View Full Version : G1206 & G1207 vehicle platform?

Aloicious
April 22nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Hey I just noticed G1206 and g1207...they seem new from the last update, but I'm a little confused on what exactally they do. can anyone shed some light on what they do?

this is the description of g1207
"This table shows what options are available for each vehicle platform. What ever platform is defined in {G1206} "Vehicle Platform" will determine what column you should use if you would like to add or remove an option."

MICK
April 23rd, 2009, 06:01 PM
I think it is more like the .cax file you have installed is conflicting with something. Now that Ross has included those transient parameters you should save that .cax file and delete it from the EFILive program folder. Do this and your issue may go away.

Mick

Aloicious
April 23rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
Hey Mick, I'm not actually having any problem, I'm just wondering what these new tables do, heres a screenshot of the tables I'm talking about:

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq337/guitargeek1968/table.jpg

FWIW, I've already removed the CAX files since the new dynamics tables came out.

MICK
April 23rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Arrrr I see now. Did not realize that Ross put those in as well.

These are switches in the operating system that enable and disable options on particular vehicles.

You might find that they will enable different circuits within the PCM to drive the different options available. I'm sure there is plenty more to it.

These should come in handy for retro fitters.

The options table G1207 is based off which vehicle platform ID is present in G1206. They must match up or some crazy shit could happen.

From the table you can see the available options and when you look at different vehicles you can see the differences.

I'm sort of thinking that the base code for electronic throttle control is in most operating systems but just not activated via the options table. So with some thought you should be able to convert a fly by wire vehicle to cable throttle and vise versa.

On the Vortec trucks you will see the Low Resolution Crank option highlighted and on the LS1 it is not. We have had a play here to see if this will activate the ignition type of a Vortec in a non supported operating system but I think there was more to it then just changing this option.

Think of it this way. Most operating systems are generic just like ms windows. These options are just like properties settings which customize the platform to suite the application.

Should start some good fun.

Cheers

Mick

GAMEOVER
April 24th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I'm sort of thinking that the base code for electronic throttle control is in most operating systems but just not activated via the options table. So with some thought you should be able to convert a fly by wire vehicle to cable throttle and vise versa.

Cheers

Mick

If it can be turned Off & On, then this is going to make it so much easier to swap in Cable operated throttle bodies into fly-by-wire motors when the TAC module & Electronic pedal isn't available, especially with 2003 and up Silverado's...:thumb_yello:

Aloicious
April 24th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks Mick, I see what it's up to. though as you can see in the screenshot the only "yes" fields are in teh GMT610. I'm guessing that everything else is on no to prevent the "crazy shit" from happening. I'll have to take a look at some other tunes to see how theirs are set up. I'm guessing that an F body tune would be all "no" except for the fields needed in the F body column?

This would be a great help for the drive by wire/cable swaps out there.

I also see that it has an oil pressure switch setting, I wonder if it would be possible to somehow wire up my oil pressure sensor to the PCM and would then be able to log it in the scan tool? that would be nice. I *Think* the GMT400 trucks oil pressure is only routed to the gauge cluster, and I don't always trust that thing.

hmm..