PDA

View Full Version : Best BTDC % for power vs. economy?

LBZoom
April 23rd, 2009, 05:40 AM
Hey guys,
Has anyone using the timing calculator found there to be a better BTDC% for fuel economy and/or power? I'm guessing they're relatively close seeing how efficency=power....just curious as to everyone's results with experimenting...

:gossip:

bballer182
April 23rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
This is pretty good reading

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230839

LBZoom
April 23rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Wow, excellent insight, thanks for the link man!

bballer182
April 24th, 2009, 12:23 AM
no prob!

killerbee
April 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM
http://members.cox.net/td-eoc/Timing%20the%20Diesel.pdf

vortecfcar
April 25th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Very well written Michael, nice job! Have you considered another segment to transition into injector nozzle sizing and fuel pressure tuning?

Nick

LBZoom
April 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM
well...it's a dang good piece of reading that's for sure, but it's gonna take me a few times to comprehend it all haha. Almost like it was written by a chemical engineer or something....:cheers:

justin123
April 25th, 2009, 03:26 PM
very well written will take some time to soak it all up though. is there a part 2 to that somewhere or did i just over look it b/c it says in the reading there is a part 2. thanks
Very good work!!

killerbee
April 26th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Very well written Michael, nice job! Have you considered another segment to transition into injector nozzle sizing and fuel pressure tuning?

Nick

a lot has been left unstated in the article, and fuel pressure has so much potential. The stock histogram is really pathetic. This was written for publication and as I was proofing I found myself asking "if this is putting me to sleep, how can I expect others to benefit?". :help2: The more focused it becomes, the more audience is lost. Part 2 will probably be "chemical intercooling tuning considerations". I am interested in dynamic opimization of water/meth, N2O, and the gas fuels. I still want to do a complete synopsis of "wastegate" tuning for the VGT. It is my opinion that GM has not integrated the new turbo very well.

Thanks for the compliments.

wildonwheels
May 8th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Great write up!!.. Thank you for the diesel education!!..