PDA

View Full Version : wont download

numberoneshooter
April 23rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
hi everyone this is my first post on this forum been on other for quite some time but im here with a problem i just bought efi live v2 and when i insert the cd and click to download v7.5 my computer and i get this error message "the requested operation requires elevation. win32 error:740" now ive uninstalled the old one tried that tried restarting my computer i have vista and i am set as an administrator can any one help ?

mr.prick
April 23rd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Try turning off the User Account Control.

numberoneshooter
April 23rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
how do i do that

numberoneshooter
April 23rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Try turning off the User Account Control.

thanks mr prick i figured it out took me a second computer didnt like me even getting to the user account control

mr.prick
April 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Vista is it's own worst enemy and is probably one of the reasons why
Microsoft Earnings Down Over Last Year (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/163762/microsoft_earnings_down_over_last_year.html)
In this economy it is hard to get someone to pay for something as difficult to use.

numberoneshooter
April 23rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
Vista is it's own worst enemy and is probably one of the reasons why
Microsoft Earnings Down Over Last Year (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/163762/microsoft_earnings_down_over_last_year.html)
In this economy it is hard to get someone to pay for something as difficult to use.

yea i hear you i love my computer though but uve been a big help one more question how do i scan and save my stock setting i cant seem to figure that out

mr.prick
April 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
The green arrow pointing up to read the PCM (Ctrl+PgUp)
then save as. (Ctrl+S)
Please read the manual and other documents in C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc

numberoneshooter
April 23rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
thanks very much for your help i was in the scan tool not the tune so once you said that i realized y lol yea ive read up on both lots of reading to do but im glad i couldnt imagine doing this wiht out reading up on it thanks again for your time and help

joecar
April 24th, 2009, 01:30 AM
#1 welcome to the forum...:cheers: