PDA

View Full Version : the innovate LM-2

A.O.A
April 24th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Hi all,
well my question is ; do I need to get the innovate LM-2 to help me tune with the EFILIVE flash scan V2?? or I can work without it, I want to mention that I don't depend on my A/f readings of my dyno it is never correct!! today I am purchasing the EFILIVE flash scan V2 and thinking of the innovate LM-2 so please help me guys
thanks a lot

joecar
April 24th, 2009, 02:20 AM
You do need a wideband, you cannot do without.

LC-1, LM-1, LM-2, or any of the other ones that you like or that fit your budget.

A.O.A
April 24th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Thanks a lot for your quick response
cheers

eficalibrator
April 24th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Within that budget, I'd recomment the NGK AFX wideband over anything from Innovate. The AFX is actually made by ECM, the company that makes the vast majority of widebands used by GM, Ford, Chrysler, and the EPA for their testing and is more accurate, especially at higher temps.

GAMEOVER
April 24th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Within that budget, I'd recomment the NGK AFX wideband over anything from Innovate. The AFX is actually made by ECM, the company that makes the vast majority of widebands used by GM, Ford, Chrysler, and the EPA for their testing and is more accurate, especially at higher temps.

Dang It!!! I wish I would have known that before I bought my LM-2...

Chevy366
April 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM

Hmmm , does it have Digital output ?
Read through the manual saw nothing about Digital output , don't know if I like that or not , it is so easy to just pop in the Digital input from a Innovate and start tuning .

GAMEOVER
April 24th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Read through the manual saw nothing about Digital output , don't know if I like that or not , it is so easy to just pop in the Digital input from a Innovate and start tuning .

That's true!!! That's the neat thing about EFI Live V2 & Innovative(LC-1, LM-1, LM-2)...."The Serial connection"....:sly:

joecar
April 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Try looking at the wideband types in the V2 options setup for the serial input, see if it mentions NGK.

mr.prick
April 24th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Yeah, these guys know what they're doing. :ermm: :hihi:

eficalibrator
April 27th, 2009, 06:13 AM
No, but I still prefer analog accuracy over digitally delivered questionable data. ECM makes some higher end devices that have RS232 or CAN outputs. If you're interested in something professional grade like that, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Chevy366
April 27th, 2009, 06:26 PM
No, but I still prefer analog accuracy over digitally delivered questionable data. ECM makes some higher end devices that have RS232 or CAN outputs. If you're interested in something professional grade like that, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Greg ,
I see by your qualifications that you are up on things , but in EFILive and Analog versus Digital I will stick with Innovate and Digital .
For the price and usability it fits just fine , no doubt you can point me to pricer examples , but for plug and play tuning the Innovate and EFILive V2 fits most just right .
People who know to much , sometimes get lost in the simpler things !

Gil

A.O.A
May 11th, 2009, 01:44 AM
thanks a lot guys for all your help, today I got my EFILIVE SC-V2, can u point me how to use the LM-2 with the EFILIVE?? thanks a lot, never forget to mention that I've used the LM-2 couple of times and the A/F reading is hanging not changing!!!
thanks a lot

HNK
September 1st, 2009, 09:50 PM
Does it connect directly to the EFI controller or do we have to dial it in?

eficalibrator
September 2nd, 2009, 02:42 AM
Does it connect directly to the EFI controller or do we have to dial it in?
THe AFX has a 0-5v analog output that can be plugged directly into the analog inputs on the bottom of the EFILive interface. You'll have to edit the .txt file that defines the voltage-AFR(lambda) relationship for the logger, but it should leave you with reliable and consistent data. I use the same analog input for my more expensive ECM wideband without any trouble.

nathans1987
September 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM

I didn’t know that either. I read some test article on here that said innovative digital(LM-1 I think?) ones were most accurate. With lowest latency and most accuracy. I dont know anything about them tho.

eficalibrator
September 3rd, 2009, 12:30 AM
I didn’t know that either. I read some test article on here that said innovative digital(LM-1 I think?) ones were most accurate. With lowest latency and most accuracy. I dont know anything about them tho.
That article was basically sponsored by Innovate. No surprise that their unit came out on top. The testing methods employed in that article was the laughing stock of the testing community for quite some time after its release.

SSpdDmon
September 3rd, 2009, 02:22 AM
The NGK is an option for EFI Live tuners. It's just as easy to setup as an LC1. The PDF they have on their site even does the PID math for you (see pic). The only thing I don't like about it is the way they calibrate the sensor. If I understand correctly...it's done using a dial knob on the controller, which can be bumped accidentally essentially knocking the sensor out of calibration. Outside of that, I wouldn't have any beef with this sensor. :)