PDA

View Full Version : New Corvette

5.7ute
April 24th, 2009, 03:04 PM
For those who are interested, here is a quick vid of the new 63 corvette drag car built here in Alice Springs. The entire car was built here at the workshop by the owner Andrew Cole and has done an 8.22 at 183mph in its maiden full pass. Once we have got it set up it should be a low 7 high 6 second car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI4Cf7oOEi8

Stealth97
April 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I'm interested. That is insane!!! Rather than ask what parts are in it, how about we go a different route and say: "what is still OE on that thing?"

joecar
April 25th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Yowie... a bit squirrely... :shock: ...but I do know it can do low 8's...:cheers:

Bruce Melton
April 25th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Looks pretty scary!

mr.prick
April 25th, 2009, 03:51 AM
WOW
lefthand drive cars can be hard to handle. :laugh:
or maybe the front tires were wet from driving over the burnout box. :doh2:

amazingly fast car. :w00t:

joecar
April 25th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Notice the sign saying "Alice Springs Inland Dragway"... if you know where Alice Springs is, then that sign is very modestly understated.

:cheers:

5.7ute
April 25th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I'm interested. That is insane!!! Rather than ask what parts are in it, how about we go a different route and say: "what is still OE on that thing?"

There is not one original part on that car. His tow car however is a 74 big block (he likes to make an impression) which was in pristine condition, until some woman reversed into it the day after the drags. Next meeting we will get some pics with a smaller tow strap.

scdyne
April 30th, 2009, 06:32 AM
So is that a 1320 or a 402? Or do they just cut off 2 meters and call it the 400 meter walk-about?
LOL

Love the vettes.. my fiancee's dream car is a '63 split window.

5.7ute
June 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Just a quick update on this car.
Last weekend had 9 Top fuel bikes made the trip to Alice Springs to test out our facilities. Those guys are crazy to say the least. 4 second 1/8ths (we dont have a full wall yet so they were only allowed to run 1/8) at 160+ mph. There will be vids posted somewhere & I will post the links when I find them.
After working on the clutch in the vette (and the drivers technique)the boys managed a 7.7 second pass at 190mph. This was still on a soft engine tune. Unfortunately a broken gearbox cut the day short but the car is finally starting to run straight.