PDA

View Full Version : Ford/Lincoln DTS scanning with EFIlive or Autotap?

Iv_z28
April 25th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Dear all,

my wife's Lincoln LS 2001 [made by Ford Motor Company] has SES code. I was wondering if it could be possible to scan the code with EFIlive [which I have for my Camaro] or Autotap [used to use it on the camaro as well]. EFIlive has V1 cable, if that helps. All I need is to read DTS codes, which should be standard OBD-II. Therefore the question is if my scanning HW/SW can support Ford protocol [which should be SAE J1850 PWM vs. GM's VPW].

An attempt to read Lincoln's PCM with EFIlive failed. Is it possible to change the protocol to get basic ODBII info?? Would hate to spend $160, which is what dealer wants for a simple scan.

mr.prick
April 26th, 2009, 01:48 AM
No Ford support, unfortunately.
Supported Vehicles (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&Itemid=82)
Autozone will read/clear your SES.

Stealth97
April 26th, 2009, 03:24 AM
A member here named Team ZR1 or ZR-1 is a dealer for an aftermarket scanner called EASE. He praises it as being the best and although I've never seen it, it does sound promising.

Maybe you should look into EASE before you throw away the $160.00.

For the record, I'm not promoting EASE or Team ZR-1 or even his ability as a dealer (never purchased from him and don't know the guy except from internet forum-ing). Just telling what I know so it may help you.

Stealth

joecar
April 26th, 2009, 07:16 AM
He's not on here, but on ls1tech.com.

Alexo1us
October 23rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
I haven't tried EFILive yet but my ATUSB will do fords. i'm not sure of other versions of at devices.
Alex

GMPX
October 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
A member here named Team ZR1 or ZR-1 is a dealer for an aftermarket scanner called EASE. He praises it as being the best and although I've never seen it, it does sound promising.

Maybe you should look into EASE before you throw away the $160.00.

For the record, I'm not promoting EASE or Team ZR-1 or even his ability as a dealer (never purchased from him and don't know the guy except from internet forum-ing). Just telling what I know so it may help you.

StealthOh no, he makes an appearance again, what a .........unique person :hihi:

Cougar281
October 27th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I used to like the Ease product, but since they switched licensing modes (used to be you bought a mfg stream and where able to scan ALL of that Mfg, now you can only get a group, ie: 2001-2004 Mustang, or Chevy Vans, etc), their pruduct when straight down the tubes IMO. If you want a Universal scan tool, you might look at Autoenginuity,

MN C5
October 27th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Oh no, he makes an appearance again, what a .........unique person :hihi:

One who knows little but talks a lot:cucumber: