PDA

View Full Version : engine pinging! knock retard 4 degrees?

silverada4.8
April 26th, 2009, 09:08 AM
hey guys im new here and quite lost when it comes to reading my logs and my tuner doesnt want to help which is wait4meperformance which my problem is engines pings real bad under load and showing knock retart 4 degrees dont know if that has to do with it which if u guys can help and look over my log and give me ur thoughts its a 2004 silverado

4.8 auto ,160 stat ,no cat true dual flows,3000 circle d stall,wait4me tune 89 octane an chopped of air intake box lol sucks air just like a intake heres the log thanks alot mike

WeathermanShawn
April 27th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Your first log dated 5-25? Your Pid file is massive, but I assume on that run you only had a few pids running, as I can't see your AFR or Fuel Trims at all. I saw the few incidences of 'knock recorded'. On the second run 4-01-09, I do not see any knock recorded at all. At best I see some +Trims, but no wideband data logged.

If you can post your tune along with a log displaying AFR and where you are getting knock that will help.

If you are legitimately getting 'pinging' especially on throttle-tip in..back off on that spark advance or add some fuel. A lot of times you can eliminate the phenomena of 'burst knock', but real knock requires you back off on that spark advance.