PDA

View Full Version : MAF calibrations

pullincrazy88
April 26th, 2009, 09:15 AM
what would i need to tweak to get my MAF sensor to read correctly for my new cam.

ChipsByAl
April 26th, 2009, 09:37 AM
You would at least need to perform the AutoVE process with a wide bank O2 sensor input. Then you could have the MAF conform to the now correct VE tables.
Al

pullincrazy88
April 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
are all widebands loggable? i orderd the AEM one from jegs

ChipsByAl
April 27th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Nope they all do not support logging, I have had a couple that do not. Some have a 5 volt output (linear or non-linear) and some have a serial data output. Looking at the manual for the AEM Single Channel Wideband UEGO Controller Module, it has a 5 volt non-linear output.
Al

pullincrazy88
April 27th, 2009, 11:57 AM
so i need a serial data output one to log correct?

joecar
April 27th, 2009, 04:57 PM
If you have FlashScan V2, you can log either serial or analog AFR (or both).
If you have FlashScan V1, can log only analog.

pullincrazy88
April 30th, 2009, 09:28 AM
how do i connect my wideband o2 system to log? doesnt really tell me how to connect to the computer in the truck or the lab top

joecar
April 30th, 2009, 10:51 AM
From your wideband's user manual you require this info:
- power/ground connections,
- analog signal output/ground connection,
- the voltage->AFR transfer function (an equation, or 2 points if linear, or multiple points if non-linear);

You replace one of the NBO2 sensors with the wideband sensor (or drill a hole and weld in a bung);
the other end of the wideband sensor connects to its controller;
connect the controller's signal output/ground to FlashScan's analog input/ground;
connect the controller's power/ground to a switched/fused 12V+ voltage source.

If your wideband is supported then the scantool PIDs tab will show a calculated AFR pid for it...

otherwise edit file My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt to create a calculated AFR pid using the voltage->AFR transfer function.

Or, if you have FlashScan V2 and your wideband supports serial AFR output, you simply need the correct serial cable to allow V2 to read the AFR from the wideband controller using serial comms.

pullincrazy88
April 30th, 2009, 11:00 AM
if i replace one of my exesting o2 sensors must i reinstall it after or can i delete the o2 sensor as seeing how my ve tables will be right on?

joecar
April 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM
If you want to run OL you can leave CL disabled and not install your NBO2's.

If you want to run CL and your wideband supports synthesized NBO2 signal output (like the LC-1 for example), then you connect the synthesized NBO2 signal output/ground to the NBO2 connector on the PCM wire harness (do it right, use a NBO2 plug).

Otherwise, you will need to either reinstall you NBO2 or drill hole and weld in a bung for the wideband sensor.