PDA

View Full Version : tuning help

justin123
April 26th, 2009, 05:33 PM
i got a 2004 chevy 1500 4x4 with the 5.3L engine that i have been working on its all stock other than dual exhaust and K&N cold air intake. ive only messed around with diesels on efilive and was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look at the stock tune and my modified tune and see if im on the right track and/or modifiy it some and send it back if willing to do so. like i said im used to diesels. want to make the most power possible with what hes already got. thanks alot for the help. im doing the tuning free he just bought the license so any help is greatly appreciated and i am not making money on any of the help i receive if any. thanks alot.

GMPX
April 27th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Justin,

Are you using a Wide Band O2 sensor?
There is no need to change the Injector Flow table unless he has modified injectors, this is a base table that really should not be touched unless the injectors are different.

Table B3618 is the one that controls the command fuel mixture when in Power Enrichment, it's set very rich from factory, but without a Wide Band O2 sensor to confirm your changes you might be running the risk of being too lean if you change it.

You could also change B3610 to something like 1200 RPM so it will go in to PE mode right away without a delay.

Cheers,
Ross

justin123
April 27th, 2009, 03:20 PM
no wide band o2 and thanks for the info. it shouldnt run it lean if i add fuel will it?? i added some fuel and adj. timing and a couple other small things and so far i have picked up what seems to him anyways a little more power but the spark knocking at high rpm has went away with whatever i did. any ideas on a lopey idle??? i know how to on a d-max but not a gasser. thanks

GAMEOVER
April 27th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Did you save a copy of the stock tune before started modifying it?
I'm just asking because the stock Spark High Octane table {B5913} looks kinda funky...

GAMEOVER
April 27th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I compared spark table's between your stock tune file 5.3 ltr LM7 and a stock file I have from a 2004 5.3ltr Silverado LM7...
Wesley Stock on left...

justin123
April 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
no i didnt modifiy the stock file at all so im not sure why it is diffrent thanks for catching that though.

GAMEOVER
April 28th, 2009, 04:11 PM
It looks like a Hypertech or Superchips handheld programmer tune...:)

GAMEOVER
April 28th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Justin123, you really need to play with the fuel mixture, high octane spark table, engine torque limiting and I think the biggest difference you'll notice is in the Transmission Torque reduction on upshift and downshift along with the desired shift times & part throttle shifts...