PDA

View Full Version : new to efi live have a few injector questions

Dark Halo
April 28th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I am new to the whole tunning gig but decided to give it a try. I have just repalced my intake with the new edelbrock proflo LS XT on a LQ9 with a heads cam package. I installed new rails and racetronix 42.29 lb injectors along with a edelbrock adjustable fpr with vacume port. I have used the spreedsheet to get my flow rate set but what else do I need to change when changing injectors? How do I go about caculating the numbers that may need to be changed other than flow rate. Before the swap I had 42lb 8.1 marine truck style injectors. I believe the old injectors were 4 bar and the new ones are 3 bar, but Im not 100% sure on that.

joecar
April 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
DH,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Since your FPR is MAP-referenced, your B4001 IFR table has to be flat all across (i.e. equal to spreadsheet value for MANVAC=0).

Measure your rail pressure, it should say 58.0 +/- 1.0 psi.

For the spreadsheet, did you enter:
58 psi for rail pressure,
43.5 psi for injector rating pressure,
42.29 lb/hr for injector rated flowrate.

Use the spreadsheet output that has the same units as your B4001 table (i.e. g/s, lb/min, lb/hr).

The other injector tables are hard to arrive at... the OEM has the time/resources/equipment to figure those out... try what you got from your old injectors and see how it goes.

Dark Halo
April 28th, 2009, 12:02 PM
DH,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Since your FPR is MAP-referenced, your B4001 IFR table has to be flat all across (i.e. equal to spreadsheet value for MANVAC=0).

Measure your rail pressure, it should say 58.0 +/- 1.0 psi.

For the spreadsheet, did you enter:
58 psi for rail pressure,
43.5 psi for injector rating pressure,
42.29 lb/hr for injector rated flowrate.

Use the spreadsheet output that has the same units as your B4001 table (i.e. g/s, lb/min, lb/hr).

The other injector tables are hard to arrive at... the OEM has the time/resources/equipment to figure those out... try what you got from your old injectors and see how it goes.

set up pretty much as you described, the problem I am having Im sure is the amount of fuel. I am getting the nice back fire popcorn when reving the motor, Idle also has changed. I am getting a lot more air in the motor now so Im sure it is just a fuel amount adjustment. I am reading up right now and thinking of going speed density and doing away with the maf and replacing my nb02's with wb02's. (I have 2 lc-1 controlers). I assume the cos5 will be my starting point? I have a guy to kind of help me out with this a little but he is mainly hp tuners

joecar
April 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Do AutoVE to get your VE table corrected, and then stay in OLSD and see if you like it (I think you will ;) ).

What vehicle/year/model is your LQ9 and what PCM do you have...?

COS5 will work on the 512KB 0411 compatible PCM...

See this (follow all the links): showthread.php?p=93081#post93081 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=93081#post93081)

Dark Halo
April 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
it is an 02 chevy scsb truck the PCM is also a 02 pcm and I am curently running OS 12212156

joecar
April 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
it is an 02 chevy scsb truck the PCM is also a 02 pcm and I am curently running OS 12212156Then jumping to COS5 will be quite simple...:cheers: ...get it going on 12212156 first.

Dark Halo
April 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM
cool yea I need to adjust a few things and hopfuly all will go well thanks for the help