PDA

View Full Version : how to tune allison tcm with efi

kingboydmax
May 2nd, 2009, 01:13 AM
under my calibration window where the alison calibration should be it says not used how do i use this feature?

Tordne
May 2nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Most of the calibration sections should show "Not used", but there should be one or two which relate to the transmission (the others are powertrain related and are N/A for the Allison). It's the sane if you opened a LLY calibration, the transmissions items should shot "Not used".

If this is not the case please send the calibration file to support@efilive.com.

kingboydmax
May 3rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
i still cant find the calibration file for the allison

camcojb
May 3rd, 2009, 03:03 AM
i still cant find the calibration file for the allison

see the highlighted transmission section on the left? Click that and you'll get the trans tuning parameters. Click on the thumbnail below twice to see it fullsize.

Jody

Tarkstoys
May 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
mines not there either????:secret:

camcojb
May 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
you guys hooked up to the tcm (not the ecm) and read and saved the tune, right??!!

Jody

Tarkstoys
May 3rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
sorry, but very new to the game... I've copied my factory tune, but do I need to go back to the truck and do it over and choose tcm?

camcojb
May 3rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
sorry, but very new to the game... I've copied my factory tune, but do I need to go back to the truck and do it over and choose tcm?

yes. Hook up to the truck, open the tune tool, hit the green arrow up top to read calibration info, and when the box pops up make sure you pick the tcm for whatever truck you have (LMM, LBZ, etc.) It will read your tcm tune, you can then save it and make changes and change things in the tune as you wish.

Jody

Tarkstoys
May 3rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Thx, for the quick response! Do you have a retainer fee!LOL

NCRay
January 30th, 2016, 05:54 AM
yes. Hook up to the truck, open the tune tool, hit the green arrow up top to read calibration info, and when the box pops up make sure you pick the tcm for whatever truck you have (LMM, LBZ, etc.) It will read your tcm tune, you can then save it and make changes and change things in the tune as you wish.

Jody

New EFILive user question ref TCM. Do I need to read the ECM and TCM contents separately with two requests to keep the saved files separate or can both be checked and read in one process request but still be saved separately? TIA for the addition info.
Ray

darcy
January 30th, 2016, 12:22 PM
There are 2 separate controllers that require 2 separate reads.

NCRay
February 1st, 2016, 03:43 PM
So it sounds as if the TCM in an LMM is separate and not affected by the ECM flash; therefore, when I make changes to the TCM content using EFILive SW then to use it I must flash the TCM as a separate process to get the TCM changes?
Do I do a full or cal flash or is there more than one option for TCM flashing?