PDA

View Full Version : tcm tuning problem

MAXXEDOUT
May 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
ok i built this tune to lockout 5th when in tow haul mode and raise shift points when at wot.i do a full flash to upload it and nothing changes in the way the truck shifts and it still goes into 5th gear. can someone take a look at it and tell me if i did something wrong or what the problem might be.

camcojb
May 5th, 2009, 04:10 PM
ok i built this tune to lockout 5th when in tow haul mode and raise shift points when at wot.i do a full flash to upload it and nothing changes in the way the truck shifts and it still goes into 5th gear. can someone take a look at it and tell me if i did something wrong or what the problem might be.

I would try changing the part throttle and full throttle rpms and speeds for all modes to the numbers you have for D. It's possible that D is not tow/haul, that's B on the 6 speeds. To be sure make a tune with all modes with the high rpms and mphs that cannot be reached for the 4-5 upshift, and it should work.

It looks correct, other than the chance that the tables are not correctly labelled, which is why I'd try the above to make sure. If that fixes it I'd then start putting one table at a time back to stock until you figure out which is really tow/haul. If this first try fixes it I vote for B to be tow/haul, not D.

Jody