PDA

View Full Version : LLY - Just do what I say!

GMPX
May 5th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Ok folks, below is a file that will hopefully start to help us track down where this problem is with the commanded mm3 not staying where you want it to under full load.

I've attached an experimental gm_enhanced.prn file, this defines all the PID's in the software. I would suggested moving the existing file somewhere safe before you overwrite it with the one attached.
The file needs to go in to the directory -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration
You will need to log these with a laptop connected, not using BBL.

Because there is simply too many channels to log at once if you were to log all the new PID's you will just have to keep logging various combinations until we see the problem. You must keep the channel count at or below 24 or the ECM will switch to slow mode logging which will be useless for trying to track this problem.

There is some base PID's that you must log each time for this test.

SAE.RPM
SAE.VSS
GM.TP

Then with whatever channels are left over choose from the range of new DMA PID's under the group "Diesel TEST"
Within this group please make sure you always log -

GM.FUELQ-01_DMA
GM.FUELQ-03_DMA
GM.FUELQ-06_DMA

Those three 'should' show the final mm3 value the engine gets and the mm3 based on the throttle position, we need these as they are the start and end values of the mm3 calculation.
Once those are setup then just select as many others you can to remain at or below 24 channels and hope we catch it in one of the other PID's.

What we should see is something along the lines of the throttle demanded of 100mm3, then the final of 70mm3, then we just need to find the PID value that is making that difference of 30mm3. The PID's might not mean a great deal, but they will help me narrow down the area in the code responsible for pulling the 30mm3 of fuel.

Good luck and please post any logs showing the problem in this thread.

Cheers,
Ross

cmitchell17
May 6th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Ok thanks for the help im going to get a log. To me it dosent seem like my LLY has a fuel limiter, if I turn off the maf limiting it will smoke pretty good. It just feels like bad turbo lag. I can see manifold pressure go from ambient to negative when I go WOT from idle.

cmitchell17
May 6th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Should I turn off my maf limiting?

cmitchell17
May 6th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Here is a log I took, but the only thing is I forgot to turn off my maf limiting. Besides that it seems like its commanding fuel right when I request it. It would not let me log with 24 pids though so I had to cut it down to just what you needed.
But it seems like I finally messed with the maf limiting table to get almost no smoke, but I dont know if it is hurting my spool up? It seems like it is.

I will try to take another log without the limiting.

LarryJewell
May 6th, 2009, 02:07 PM
got the new test group loaded, i'll log a few at the track this weekend. Thanks for the help in this matter.

GMPX
May 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
No worries, lets see what shows up.

cmitchell17
May 9th, 2009, 04:04 AM
I forgot, I forgot to post the log up.

LarryJewell
May 10th, 2009, 01:18 AM
I had the best intentions of getting this logged, but ended up in the staging lane and couldnt find the pids :doh2: and ended up logging limited data, to add insult to injury, I almost hit the wall on this run :help2: notice where the vss drops from 96 mph to 39 mph rather quickly. Also notice the hesitation that i've been complaining about, it takes me from 1579 rpm to around 2011 rpm to hit 100mm3 of fuel at 100% throttle, not that mattered as shortly after reaching 100mm3 of fuel I ended up sideways heading for the wall.

GMPX
May 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Unless you are logging the new PID's then I can't do much.

abkimble
May 13th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I had the best intentions of getting this logged, but ended up in the staging lane and couldnt find the pids :doh2: and ended up logging limited data, to add insult to injury, I almost hit the wall on this run :help2: notice where the vss drops from 96 mph to 39 mph rather quickly. Also notice the hesitation that i've been complaining about, it takes me from 1579 rpm to around 2011 rpm to hit 100mm3 of fuel at 100% throttle, not that mattered as shortly after reaching 100mm3 of fuel I ended up sideways heading for the wall.

Looks to me like the 1500 to 2000 rpm thing is happening due to the last line ( 100 % throttle ) in B0727. Also look at B1105 as a possible limiter. Also doesn't look like the tires started to spin till well after the 2011 rpm hitting 100mm3 (3400 rpm ). Looks as if the shift/torque might have started the spin to occur.

The tire spin follows more along the lines of pounds of air a minute / mass air flow.

LarryJewell
May 14th, 2009, 02:01 AM
could tables B0761 thru B0770 (Main Pulse Quantity Compensation) have anything to do with the problems, B0761 is zero'd out, but the other nine tables appear to make adjustments in different areas of the tables. Would possibly zeroing out all of these tables be of some benifit?

Has anybody adjusted these tables?

LarryJewell
May 14th, 2009, 06:12 AM
I was able to get one log done, there is a 100% throttle run towards the end, about 2 minutes of normal hwy driving prior to the 100% throttle. Let me know if anything stands out. One thing, anybody that wants to see the diesel test group pids in this log has to download the file from page one of this thread, otherwise you wont see everything.

abkimble
May 14th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I was able to get one log done, there is a 100% throttle run towards the end, about 2 minutes of normal hwy driving prior to the 100% throttle. Let me know if anything stands out. One thing, anybody that wants to see the diesel test group pids in this log has to download the file from page one of this thread, otherwise you wont see everything.

Same thing again, check B0744. Compare the rpm where the dips occur with all cells from 300ft/lbs to over 700.

GMPX
May 14th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Well, the good thing is you can see in that log your throttle based mm3 is maintained at 125mm3, this is pretty much the first base value, please make sure you keep logging the Quantity #6 PID as this is our reference.

Looking at the other DMA PID's it looks like the limit had already been applied by the time the mm3 was passed to those values.
If you can please take some more WOT logs with some different DMA PID's logged (but still logging Quantity #6) then it might start to get a bit clearer.

What is interesting too about the log is it is proof there is no hardcoded final mm3 limiter as the mm3 final was up in the 120's up to about 3200RPM. But, I'd love to catch this when it has one of those big drops like Ben's logs where showing, like down to 70mm3!

Cheers,
Ross

abkimble
May 15th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Just to add one comment which has impacted results. Larry wasn't using the same tune to log all the logs he's posted.

killerbee
May 19th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Larry, this is confusing. If defuel is being examined, why isn't max torque being logged?

From what little was logged, it sure has the signature of the 4th gear lockup defuel. But without a tune to look at, it is hard to help.

I must be missing something in the discretion department.

abkimble
May 19th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I think that latest log shows more of a downshift at wot and where the dip occurs than a 4th hang up. The hangup happens during a up shift not a downshift? or am I off again?