PDA

View Full Version : C6 w/ A6 stuck in 4th after ECM flash only?

DVR IMP
May 6th, 2009, 01:41 AM
I finished an ECM flash on a 08 C6 LS3 and went for a test drive. the car at a stop will stumble and jerk as the HUD shows the gear position going from 1st to 2nd then 3rd and back to 2nd the whole time at a stop. as soon as I take off it will snap into 3rd then quickly into 4th and hold it. i floored it and it only speeds up in 4th and the paddles will not let me up or down shift? I did nothing with the TCM. I used V2 w/ 7.5, 83 build - E38

DVR IMP
May 6th, 2009, 03:53 AM
reflashed it back to stock and the paddles work correctly. making a file without any changes to the torq reduction section.

MN C5
May 7th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I finished an ECM flash on a 08 C6 LS3 and went for a test drive. the car at a stop will stumble and jerk as the HUD shows the gear position going from 1st to 2nd then 3rd and back to 2nd the whole time at a stop. as soon as I take off it will snap into 3rd then quickly into 4th and hold it. i floored it and it only speeds up in 4th and the paddles will not let me up or down shift? I did nothing with the TCM. I used V2 w/ 7.5, 83 build - E38

Need a copy of the file to comment on the problem.

DVR IMP
May 8th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I fixed my screw up. i managed to change torque control in the TCS!! trans doesn't work well when you mess with it.

9secVette
May 13th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Beat me to it, I did that too a while back. I found that just leaving those tables alone (besides shuting off upshift TQM to "no") does not effect power at all. So far anyway.

Highlander
January 22nd, 2011, 09:38 AM
I am having this same issue.. Putting the stock file didn't fix anything...