PDA

View Full Version : Two things....BBL and installing updates...

LBZoom
May 6th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Hey guys,
Got two questions....first, I've been trying to set my V2 7.5.5 up for BBL, I have all the newest updates, I can't figure out how to do it on my LBZ or any truck for that matter. I've formatted the memory card but that's as far as I can get, I'm not finding an options.txt folder.... so please help! :help2:

Second,
Everytime I update EFI live, I have to either completely reinstall build 72 or insert my disk and reinstall it that way, and it's tickin me off because I delete all those default logs and some of the default PID's and dashes that I don't need, and organize all my stuff into folders and then when I have to reinstall then I end up having to delete and reorganize all over again and I have duplicate files and crap.....There is no button that says "tools>check for updates" in any of my folders....So where is it?

joecar
May 6th, 2009, 05:13 AM
You have FlashScan V2, correct...?

Second question first:

On your Windows desktop go like this:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check for Updates
and wait for it to finish.
That should get you build 84 (from scantool or tunetool do Help->About).

Then also do this:
Download/install V8 and then do this:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->Check for Updates
and wait for it to finish.

Now, after doing that, the first question:

Start EFILive Explorer (EE), goto the Firmware tab, is the bootblock 2.06.02 and the firmware 2.06.06...? Tell us what they say.

If yes you have those versions, then goto the Config Files tab, drag the .pmm file for your controller and the Options.txt from the upper pane (your hard disk) to the lower pane (your V2).

If your versions are different, you will have to upgrade the bb and fw, but let me know first.

Edit: I forgot to say this... (see same colour).

LBZoom
May 6th, 2009, 08:01 AM
yes I have Flashscan V2....Okay, I'll give it a try in a little while and let ya know, thanks Joe

LBZoom
May 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
But here's the thing....I can only get this far Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5- and then there's nothing else, no tools.

And I'm running 7.5.5 but I don't ever see anything for V8 on my computer am I supposed to have both?

I got build 84 by re-installing the disk altogether...the thing i'm after is not having to do that anymore because it's a pain in the rear....but the tools folder that I'm supposed to have isn't there at all...

I'm assuming that my v7.5.5 should have been replaced by v 8.0 because I don't have any of what you decribe, firmware tabs or any of that and I know I downloaded the updates because I got the BTM tables for the LBZ/LMM and all that

LBZoom
May 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Wait...was I supposed to download the v8.1 or whatever also? Because I'm starting to think I'm a complete idiot and only downloaded the updates under the 7.5.5 heading because that's the software that I have I guess, I figured the v 8.1 was something totally different that didn't apply to me....oops haha

LBZoom
May 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Yep...I'm an idiot...got it! cancel above posts lmao. Thanks Joe!

joecar
May 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Oh, in post # 2 I should have added: also download/install V8... sorry, I led you astray...:doh2:

LBZoom
May 6th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Not a problem. mainly my own fault, no worries my friend!

LBZoom
May 8th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I'm just gonna post to make sure my signature is working, I just made it...lol