PDA

View Full Version : converter problems

pullincrazy88
May 9th, 2009, 01:35 PM
one of my buddies is having issues with hit torque converter. its an ATS triple disk. the converter keeps locking up as soon as the truck is put in gear and anytime you try to give it throttle it blows right threw the converter and unlocks. anythoughts in why it has started doing this, could it maybe be a pump issue in the trans?

odd boy
May 9th, 2009, 03:55 PM
post ur file

JoshH
May 11th, 2009, 09:11 AM
The convert locks as soon as you put the transmission in gear? That would make it impossible to drive as it would stall the engine or cause it to push through the brakes. Are you sure that's what is happening?

pullincrazy88
May 12th, 2009, 02:26 PM
im not exactly sure seeing as i have not riddin in the truck sense. he told me that the converter locks up and just blows right threw it when hes even babing the thing.

camcojb
May 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM
would help a lot to see his tcm tune file.

Jody

pullincrazy88
May 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
found out its the converter. sent it in to get a rebuilt

jtaylor111
May 15th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah my 1058 was doing something like that too. I would put it into drive and it would put the engine under load. Would build 500/600 degrees just holding the brake. And taking off was like the tuck was a slug. Drive down the rode didn't have any problem. Suncoast said it looked like the stator in the converter had spun. I accomplished this at the drag strip trying to launching at 22psi. Never got all the lights on the tree.