PDA

View Full Version : Pulling Timing - No idea why

Camaro SS
May 10th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Sometimes the PCM is pulling timing on my car and I have no idea why. I am running Custom OS3 and I am running my car in OLSD. I have zeroed out all the tables that I can find that add or subtract timing. I have attached my tune and a log file. A good place to look at in my log is between frames 12920 and 13620. That is a perfect example of what I am talking about. I have been dealing with this for awhile and just can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

joecar
May 11th, 2009, 03:31 AM
John,

Try this:
- use scantool->tunetool linking to view the spark modifier tables, see if you can find the table that is modifying.
- log the pids whose names begin with EST_ (electronic spark timing) these show what is adding/removing timing.

Camaro SS
May 11th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Ok thanks, I have tried logging the EST_ pids some but it doesn't do it all the time. I will try to log the EST_ pids more. I was hoping someone could maybe look at my tune and a table would pop out at them that I missed.

Camaro SS
May 12th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Things seem to be much better. I filled in the minimum spark advance I wanted to run in B5915 Minimum Spark Advance table and I zeroed out B5901 Catalytic Converter Light-off table. I don't think B5901 had anything to do with it since the max rpm for Catalytic Converter Light-off Max RPM is set to 1100 rpms but I went ahead and zeroed it out since I am not running cats.

dlove
May 12th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Can't check the tune where I'm at, but make sure all of the TCS tables are zeroed/maxed out. I ran into that issue before.

dlove
May 12th, 2009, 01:34 PM
yup i was right just checked the tune, zero out B6605

Edit: more you might want to look at as well.

B6601: Diasable
B1902: Zero out

Camaro SS
May 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks...I can definitely do all this but I was getting spark retard during part throttle/light loads. How would the traction control function be reducing spark during part throttle/light loads?

dlove
May 12th, 2009, 02:50 PM
would make more since if it was an WOT issue. I ran into that with the table under the TCS folder pulling timing at WOT.

I would still try there and from from that.