PDA

View Full Version : How to sync with Monte Carlo

eaglei022
May 11th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I have a 1985 monte Carlo and I'm using the ALDL OBD1 usb cable. I'm trying to set up my car with the EFI Live program and I can't seem to get it to connect.

I keep getting no chatter found.. Then again I'm not entirely sure how to set up the info for an 85 monte carlo v6 fuel injected. I checked the pre-loaded xml.. and non would work.

Can someone please direct me what to do? This is getting very frustrating and finding little info.

ScarabEpic22
May 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I assume you're using EFILive V4 correct? V7 will not connect whatsoever to OBD1. Have you built a correct definition file to interface for your car? Or are you using a definition someone has made for you?

eaglei022
May 12th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I tried making the definition but I don't think I'm doing it right. This is my first time trying to do this. Is there anywhere I can find a definition already made for this car? Or a nice step by step tutorial?

*Yes I am using V4.

-Jeff

joecar
May 12th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Moved to V2 forum.

I notified Tech Support.

Blacky
May 12th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I have a 1985 monte Carlo and I'm using the ALDL OBD1 usb cable. I'm trying to set up my car with the EFI Live program and I can't seem to get it to connect.

I keep getting no chatter found.. Then again I'm not entirely sure how to set up the info for an 85 monte carlo v6 fuel injected. I checked the pre-loaded xml.. and non would work.

Can someone please direct me what to do? This is getting very frustrating and finding little info.

An '85 PCM would be unlikely to have chatter. In fact it may even be a simple one-way 160 baud config (not the bi-directional 8192 baud config).

Go to this site: http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/
Then select the "GMECM ftp site" link.
Then download the ALDLstuff.zip file.

Unzip it once it has downloaded, it contains the data stream definitions for GM ALDL vehicles.

Look in the Word doc to find a configuration that matches your vehicle and that will tell you which *.ds file is right for your vehicle. In the Word doc, the VIN=X value refers to the 8th digit/letter of your vehicle's VIN.

Regards
Paul