PDA

View Full Version : Converting EOPS

Ninety8C5
May 12th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I just tried to convert Engine Oil Pressure from Volts to PSI and the drop down box only lists "None". as a conversion. I changed 'Factor' (32.0000) and 'Offset' (-16.00), but can't put 'psi' in the 'Quick Select' box.

For Example, the 'Quick Select' box for temperature has 'F' or 'C'.

Looks like I fixed it by adding the conversion to the 'EFILive.ini' file.

ScarabEpic22
May 12th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Just checking, is this for the oil pressure voltage PID or just oil pressure?

Ninety8C5
May 12th, 2009, 08:35 AM
This is to convert voltage to psi for the Engine Oil Pressure Voltage (EOPS) PID.

ScarabEpic22
May 13th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Ah I see, havent messed with said PID so didnt know if it was like some of the other ones where there are 2 PIDs, one that is strictly voltage and the other returns values in units (like kPa or PSI).

Ninety8C5
May 20th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Andrew,

Do you think you can refer this to product development, so it doesn't get lost. Someone besides me must be using this PID.

In Folder 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8', I added this line:

"0110=V psi 0 32.00000 -16.0000 N"

to file 'EFILive.ini'.

Thanks!

Blacky
May 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Adding the V->psi conversion for the oil pressure PID is tricky for two reasons:

1. The V-psi entry you added will be available to all PIDs with units of Volts, but will not accurately apply to all the other voltage PIDs.

2. More importantly, the voltage to psi scaling for the engine oil pressure is different for different controllers.

Regards
Paul

Ninety8C5
May 20th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Adding the V->psi conversion for the oil pressure PID is tricky for two reasons:

1. The V-psi entry you added will be available to all PIDs with units of Volts, but will not accurately apply to all the other voltage PIDs.

2. More importantly, the voltage to psi scaling for the engine oil pressure is different for different controllers.

Regards
Paul

I figured there might be some reason for it not to be added, but had no idea what it might be. Not a problem anymore.

Thanks.

I just checked my PID list and as long as I don't click on 'Quick select' and select 'psi' it doesn't affect my other PIDs that use 'Voltage' as their output. So I guess the conversion is okay for my usage?