PDA

View Full Version : Captions Disappear

Ninety8C5
May 12th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I haven't updated my V2 yet, but I've been playing with V8 and setting up the 'Options.txt' file. I've added captions to 'ECT' (Coolant) and 'VSS' (Speed), as well as changing the factor from C' to F' and 'kmh' to 'mph'. When I reopen V8 and look at the PID definitions the factors are still changed, but the 'Caption' is blank.

If I open the 'Options.txt' file with 'Notepad' the Coolant and Speed labels are in the file in the correct place. :bangin:

I tried this several times and it always does the same thing. :nixweiss:

Tordne
May 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM
The Options.txt file you sent to support has the following headings for the PID Selections Lists:

;Node PID Custom (Cap:Units:Prec:Fact:Offs:Inv) Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)

On the latest version 8 build this format is no longer valid, and has changed to:

;Node PID Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)

I suspect you are perhaps running an old version of the V8 beta (latest is 8.1.2 Build 44), or this file has been brought forward from a previous release and is no longer a valid format.

I would recommend updating the the new V8 version, first removing the current install to ensure file integrity.

Cheers,

Ninety8C5
May 15th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I guess I didn't give you all the information you needed. I was using the new EFILive Scan & Tune Version 8.1.2 Build 52, that I downloaded a couple of days ago to build the 'Options.txt' file.

The file was built using the new GUI for the 'Options.txt' file and then reopened using the same interface.

I didn't have a problem with the old edit it in 'Notebook' file and I do have the latest 'Build 44' of EE.

I've attached the 'Options.txt' file in case the other one was an wrong one.

Ninety8C5
May 17th, 2009, 11:14 AM
The Options.txt file you sent to support has the following headings for the PID Selections Lists:

;Node PID Custom (Cap:Units:Prec:Fact:Offs:Inv) Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)

On the latest version 8 build this format is no longer valid, and has changed to:

;Node PID Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)

I suspect you are perhaps running an old version of the V8 beta (latest is 8.1.2 Build 44), or this file has been brought forward from a previous release and is no longer a valid format.

I would recommend updating the the new V8 version, first removing the current install to ensure file integrity.

Cheers,

I think you have that backwards the first heading you refer to (with 'Custom...etc.') is the latest configuration and the second one is the old one.

I now have the latest 'Build 53' and it still does the same thing. When I reopen the 'Option.txt' file no captions are shown when PIDs with 'Custom' units are selected.

Tordne
May 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I was running the latest full release on my PC so thought the format you had was perhaps old - whereas you are running the later version :redface:

I have just tested with the latest build and you're right. It allows you to save the caption but does not read it back. I'll escalate to product development.

Ninety8C5
May 20th, 2009, 06:53 AM
I have just tested with the latest build and you're right. It allows you to save the caption but does not read it back. I'll escalate to product development.

Thanks! I was beginning to think that I was the only one having the problem and I was doing something wrong.

joecar
May 20th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I see it too... the PID Properties Caption field reverts to blank.