PDA

View Full Version : lt4 tuning help

darren250r
May 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Hey guys, been reading here for a while and finally decided to join. I finally got my new motor in my 98 2wd daily driver after I spun a rod bearing. I don't have alot of time outside of work to learn tuning, so I'm trying to find a tuner near central CA to help me tune my truck. If anyone has knowledge of someone that can help me, I'd appreciate it! I'm trying to stay with my stock black box just because I don't have alot of time right now to mess with a 411 conversion, but if it is necessary to work right I will.

I built a .030" 4 bolt main roller vortec block with flat top hypereutectic pistons. It has a GMPP roller LT-4 hotcam with GMPP 1.6 aluminum roller rockers with combined specs of 218/228 .525/.525 112 lsa. I added GMPP vortec smallport bowtie heads. I also put a Yank pro-truck billet torque converter with kevlar lockup clutch and a 3200 stall with a better torque ratio than stock. It doesn't like to idle, especially when cold or when its revved and the throttle is let off completely/quickly. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has a similar setup and your tune would work for my truck, even better!

Thanks
Darren

Aloicious
May 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Hey guys, been reading here for a while and finally decided to join. I finally got my new motor in my 98 2wd daily driver after I spun a rod bearing. I don't have alot of time outside of work to learn tuning, so I'm trying to find a tuner near central CA to help me tune my truck. If anyone has knowledge of someone that can help me, I'd appreciate it! I'm trying to stay with my stock black box just because I don't have alot of time right now to mess with a 411 conversion, but if it is necessary to work right I will.

I built a .030" 4 bolt main roller vortec block with flat top hypereutectic pistons. It has a GMPP roller LT-4 hotcam with GMPP 1.6 aluminum roller rockers with combined specs of 218/228 .525/.525 112 lsa. I added GMPP vortec smallport bowtie heads. I also put a Yank pro-truck billet torque converter with kevlar lockup clutch and a 3200 stall with a better torque ratio than stock. It doesn't like to idle, especially when cold or when its revved and the throttle is let off completely/quickly. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has a similar setup and your tune would work for my truck, even better!

Thanks
Darren

sorry I didn't see this sooner, welcome to the site Darren, :cheers:

I don't know any tuners in your area personally, I know we were talking over on the PPE forums about doing the tuning yourself and doing the 411 swap, which I still think is the ideal situation, but if you really want to stay with the blackbox and not worry about learning to tune, you'll probably want to talk to someone like Justin from blackbear performance, he does mail order tunes and would probably be able to get a pretty good tune for that setup. you'd want to contact him about it though.

anyways, don't hesitate to ask any questions here, lots of knowlegable people around here that are willing to help out.