PDA

View Full Version : Timing question

LS1_Dragster
May 14th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I have a 0411 computer with OS 01270003 and I'm wondering what alters the timing tables?

Hard to explain but when the car is idling timing is X degrees and when I zip the throttle the timing drops in half. I've looked at all the timing tables and I just cant see what would cause such a drastic drop in timing when there is no knock.

All the tables I see rely on air flow or temp to determine the timing but is there somewhere that uses the TPS too that I'm not finding?

Lee

joecar
May 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM
B5913 is referenced by DYNCYLAIR or DYNCYLAIR_DMA (if you hover the cursor over that axis you will see the alternate link pids)...

If you also log DYNCYLAIR you will be able to use scantool->tunetool linking (did you enable this in the tunetool Edit->Properties...?)...

you position the cursor on the scantool chart and you look at the highlighted/crosshaired cells in B5913 in the tunetool.

No TPS... the PCM computes DYNCYLAIR (which is a better representation of load) and uses this for looking up the spark timing in B3913 and B5914 and the modifier tables.