PDA

View Full Version : 09 LMM tuning problems

rgullett83
May 17th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Got an 09, that i put charger on, built trans, etc... Took to Danville Performance for Mark Broviak to tune. No matter what was changed, the rev limiter remained stock, all the tables in the ecm for rpm limiting were changed, with no luck. Also on a side note, we thought we would read the tcm to see if there is something in there, that may be keeping the rev limiter from changing, but once the tune is downloaded we get an error message that says bad tune file format:help2: any suggestions?

GMPX
May 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
A few things with the 2009's.
The TCM in the 2009 is new, it's not the same as the previous TCM used on the 6 speed which we do of course support. We only managed to get one of these new TCM's last week, so unfortunately they might be a little way off getting supported. On the outside they look the same but that is about it.

With the Rev Limit issue I assume Mark has not had this problem with 2008 models? Because I am sure the 2008's do use the same ECM OS as the 2009 so they should be treated no different in that respect.

Mention to Mark that we suggested he ensures he has the latest updates installed. Literally every month there is more tables and parameters added to the LBZ/LMM ECM tuning, he might have an old version that does not include a table that could be causing the problem. It could also be the 2009 ECM has a new one enabled!! Do you remember the RPM the limiter seemed to be coming in?

Cheers,
Ross

rgullett83
May 18th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Limiter seemed to remain stock, right around 3250 rpm, I will check mine software for updates tonight, and try again. It is an 8594 OS, same as the 07.5 and up LMM's

camcojb
May 18th, 2009, 05:27 AM
My 2007.5 did not have the 8594 OS stock, but I have done a full flash to that OS. I have no rpm or speed limit issues with that OS. It's the same OS as my friends 09 LMM.

My guess is it's in the tcm possibly, since that's a new (and unknown) entity right now.

Jody

rgullett83
May 18th, 2009, 02:05 PM
My 2007.5 did not have the 8594 OS stock, but I have done a full flash to that OS. I have no rpm or speed limit issues with that OS. It's the same OS as my friends 09 LMM.

My guess is it's in the tcm possibly, since that's a new (and unknown) entity right now.
Jody

Thats what I am thinking, but the previous LMMs that I have tuned, have not had rpm limiter issues just this one, and seeing how we cant read the tcm something maybe causing the issue. I did update again tonight, I will check back in the next day or 2.

GMPX
May 18th, 2009, 03:29 PM
No problem, if it is in the TCM (I can't say yet if that is the situation) then we will have to find a solution in the ECM for the moment.

Cheers,
Ross

rgullett83
May 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I should also note, that we keep getting a reduced enginte power message also, but does not set any codes or run poorly, just get the dinging and message, not a big deal but rather annoying. I am also checking codes via my Tech 2.

rgullett83
May 27th, 2009, 01:32 PM
bump

GMPX
May 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Did the TechII show up any codes after reduced power kicked in?

The 2009 TCM is going to be a little more challenging than we thought.
Only as of yesterday I have been able to read the new TCM using a new method required for the 2009 TCM, although it appeared to read using the current v7.5 software it was reading rubbish, which is why it errors at the end. Flashing the TCM is the next (and hardest) step, I'll probably make a start on that this week too.
Then of course the actual mapping part of the process needs to happen as well.
Once all that is done we need to get it put in to the public version of EFILive. Unfortunately that poses a few problems as the 2009 TCM cannot be treated the same as the earlier one so we will have to create a new TCM selection in the controller list. We really wanted to try to avoid having to do that as development for V7 has pretty much stopped so we can get the V8 software done.
We really want to avoid this as the current release seems quite stable.
If it is to go in to V7 then it still would be at least 1 - 2 months away at best.

Cheers,
Ross

rgullett83
May 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
ok thanks for the update. I do not have V8. as dumb as it sounds, I downloaded and intstalled it, but could not make heads or tails of it(I hate change even if it is for the good.) I didnt have much issue getting familiar with V7 when I started using it. Is there a possibility of V8 for dummies manual? HAHAHAHA but seriously thanks for the update.

GMPX
May 28th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Currently V8 is not a tuner or scanner, it's the foundations though. It is used for Black Box Logging etc.

rgullett83
May 28th, 2009, 10:10 PM
ok thanks for the info now I feel a little better

rgullett83
June 4th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I took the truck to the dealer today, and reflashed it back to stock, and the mysterious reduced engine power message still shows up with the stock tune in it. This message started appearing after turbo, trans, lift pump, rail pressure shim, bd exhaust manifold, guages, egr delete(valve still in place cooler gone). Now codes are set when the message comes up. Any suggestions on this from anyone, I am still studying it and watching data with the tech 2, but havent seen anything to cause it.

rgullett83
July 20th, 2009, 09:50 AM
the reduced engine power message was due to K&N filter. But still have the rev limiter issues, and is really annoying. The rev limiter is really holding this truck back from its full potential.

Whodunnit
July 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Is there a possibility of V8 for dummies manual? HAHAHAHA but seriously thanks for the update.

Ha ha... I'm right there with ya... :doh2:

rgullett83
August 13th, 2009, 03:00 PM
forgot to update, the reduced engine power message disappeared when the K&N filter was removed and the stock filter was reinstalled. I need to do some work withe the MAF tables I guess

bballer182
August 15th, 2009, 04:44 AM
forgot to update, the reduced engine power message disappeared when the K&N filter was removed and the stock filter was reinstalled. I need to do some work withe the MAF tables I guess

Sounds like it.