PDA

View Full Version : auto ve

nchristian
May 17th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Im doing the Auto VE on a 04 chevy sil. with a 6.0L. Im using a lm1 wide band. I have done 4 VE runs and using the VE tutorial. My enigne is running leaner the more is run it.also the filters are not doing right. I postinh my log and tune.

Baldric
May 17th, 2009, 03:48 PM
from what i can see. that tune need to be redone as its not a very smooth transition in the main ve table. as your have alot of peaks and valleys in it
also you have alot of out of ranges in your tune file

i modifyed it a bit to my knowledge but im only new here as well
so have a look at it but maybe wait till joecar see's this thread he's valuable on information :)

hquick
May 17th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Post your original tune as well.

joecar
May 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Hi NC,

What are your vehicle/mods...?

- in tunetool go Edit->Properties->Display and set fuel units to AFR or EQ and avoid lambda... (can also set VE units to g*K/kPa).

- start again, but increase VE table by 7% instead of 15%.

- remember to apply the BEN filter... also, operate the throttle as smoothly as you can as this will make your data better (filter discards less data).

- timing tables don't look right.

- set transmission throttle kickdown tables to 100% across if you have A4.

hquick
May 17th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Funny you should mention the timing tables Joe. I've had experience with some 'Pro's' doing that

nchristian
May 18th, 2009, 01:53 AM
here is my reg. tune. I had someone kinda help build a VE table to help get started. with this in the truck it get really rich.

nchristian
May 18th, 2009, 02:07 AM
joecar the mods. right now afr 225 heads. stock ls2 cam. and a lq4
lower end. but the filters on my map does not want to do right. Im not sure if i have everything selected right. when you copy form the map you multiply the on the ve table correct.I just set my VE table to K/kpa. will that help more when doing the VE

joecar
May 18th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Yes, you copy-with-labels from the map and paste-multiply-with-labels into B0101.

When you modifed your B3605 it looks to me like you had fuel units set to Lambda...
when you set the fuel units to AFR or EQ you have to reedit B3605 otherwise it will be too lean...

You also need to richen up at WOT (high MAP columns in B3605 and/or B3618... set your PE enable to 60%).

Yeah, try +5% on the initial VE table and see how the BEN's go.

Make sure your wideband is functioning... set closed loop you should see trimming to stoichiometric 14.681 in your case.

nchristian
May 18th, 2009, 06:23 AM
thanks ill try that. could i get some help with setting the filters up.

nchristian
May 18th, 2009, 06:39 AM
do i want the table on b0101 set to % or K/kpa or the other.
thanks for the help so far

joecar
May 18th, 2009, 06:59 AM
In the scantool the map for B0101 is just a multiplier, has no units.

In the tunetool the B0101 VE table has units g*K/kPa.