PDA

View Full Version : Safe way to tune VE when boosted?

VortechC5
September 27th, 2005, 12:47 AM
I am running a boosed application. I ran my first AutoVE session yesterday and it went well with one exception. That exception is that I got a bunch of knock retard because PE was disabled.

Is there an alternate safer method other than AutoVE to tune the VE table for boosted applications? I try hard to stay out of boost but it is very difficult to do so because I get part throttle boost.

Another issue for me is that because of the altitude here I have to make boost to get up to 105 kPa manifold pressure.

caver
September 27th, 2005, 12:59 AM
I'm at 5000ft and did a s/c car last week.
Boost up to 105kpa does'nt count as its only equal to what would be experienced at sea level.
Going over 105 is where u start to stress.

Just increase the VE table by a chunk in the 105 on table, the tutorial says copy the 105kpa settings over to the boost table and make the rightmost column 300% higher. Then just do a linear fill.

I could'nt get a 2 bar map sensor so I had to sort out the Ve table and then do the maf sensor afterwards.

Going to be changing that shortly.

VortechC5
September 28th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks, that really makes perfect sense. I need to convert the MAP sensor gauge on my EFILive dashboard back to kPa and set an alarm just below 105 kPa so that I can keep from going over that.

I also need to find a realiable/knowledgeable passenger that can help keep an eye on things while I drive. It is pretty hard to drive and watch what is going on. Fortunately I don't live in the city so finding "tuning roads" isn't too hard.

caver
September 28th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Have Fun just a touch of the throttle at low rpm will get u into boost.
The problem using the stock map sensor is the timing.

I had to take a bunch away as u are still running in closed loop at full boost under about 2k.

I highly recommend a 2 bar and custom OS.

Am finalising a car this week with fast manifold 90mm TB,cam bigger valves etc.
Changing to the custom OS has made it much smoother as u have better control of the fuelling.