PDA

View Full Version : Resized injectors

hquick
May 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Just thought I'd mention this for anyone still having injector tuning issues and as a follow up on my own previous threads/posts.
I recently installed a set of 'resized' LS1 injectors after discussions with Jon at 'Fuel Injector Connection'.
Jon said he could resize a set of LS1 injectors to flow 44lb/hr at 58Psi.
The idea being I could then use the same injector settings(min pulse width, adders etc) as an LS1 vehicle and they should be basically plug and play.
Well....he was pretty much right.
I had to go through the AutoVE process again to dial in the VE table (I think I'm really OC about this :shock: ) but now the Burb runs great. Idles VERY well, accelerates smoothly and doesn't smell like it's constantly running rich (as it did with the Bosch 'Greentops').
I can't praise Jon enough. The service was excellent, and even if you're just after some info on your existing injectors...I'm sure he will be more than willing to help you out if he can.

dlove
May 18th, 2009, 10:53 AM
+1 I have installed and tuned quite a few of these. I have all of my customers get them as well.

I have found that after rescaling the IFR table. The VE table is very close. I almost always just need to add about 3-5% down low and the top end is very close.

hquick
May 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah....I was surprised. My VE table isn't that radically different to the stock table.
With the 'Greentops'....it was!

joecar
May 19th, 2009, 03:16 AM
My PCM and I do like the injector tables (plural) to reflect the truth...:cheers:

5.7ute
May 19th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Just when I was starting to sleep at night you had to bring this up again Howard.:doh2:
Now back to trying to calculate offset, small pulse adders, min pulse width etc etc.:confused:

vxchev8
May 25th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the info Howard

A couple of questions. Did you send over a set of injectors for the company to resize or did they just send you a set of resized injectors as part of the price?. What did they sting you for shipping to Melbourne?

Les