PDA

View Full Version : PE in HOLDEN VE L98

vessv73
May 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hi to all ,
Im new at this and i need help with my PE at WOT.
I have read so many posts but cant get the answer im looking for. I would like to know what PE all u guys r running on ur car cause i read people run it at 12.5 right across the board some say 12.7-12.9 but what RPM do they command 12.7 and 12.9 etc etc etc... so whats the best power/torque u guys r getting so if anyone can help it would be nice thank u.
tony

swingtan
May 19th, 2009, 09:44 AM
PE mixtures and spark timing are closely linked and both will depend heavily on the engine it's self. The general PE AFR's you have listed are just that, a general starting point. Because every motor behaves differently you will need to tune the settings to values that will suit the car you have. What works for one may not work for another. It may help to run a little richer through peak torque but not everyone does this. It's all part of the tuning process.

Simon

vessv73
May 19th, 2009, 10:38 AM
thanx for ur input Simon

GMPX
May 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Tony, I've been convinced from a number of professional tuners and tuning teachers that the power difference between 12.5 AFR and 12.9 AFR is nothing. Running leaner does has other effects, but you aren't going to gain power.

Have a browse over at - http://www.efi101.com/forum/
It will be discussed in depth over there I am sure.

Cheers,
Ross