PDA

View Full Version : AD2 died

mr.prick
May 19th, 2009, 11:18 AM
AD2 for some reason has quit working. :bawl:
I 've had the Autometer FP sensor hooked up to it
for well over a year without a problem.

I just noticed this yesterday after the new firmware. (see sig)
I'm not blaming it on the firmware but could there be a link?
How much will it cost to fix? :throw:

GMPX
May 19th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Can you put a linking post in the V2 group, just so Paul sees it, maybe coincidence, maybe not.

mr.prick
May 21st, 2009, 02:31 AM
:help2:
AD1 AD3 AD4 work but AD2 shows nothing.
Is there any tests I can do to be sure AD2 is truly dead?

Blacky
May 21st, 2009, 10:04 AM
Select: F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 Self Tests and monitor the second bottom row of figures. Those figures are the raw A/D counts that the A/Ds are measuring. With nothing connected they will normally read around 0-1.

Connect a 1.5V AA battery to AD2 and see if the value changes. (Use cancel to exit the test screen)

If it does not change then AD2 is toast.

If it does change, then select the option: F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F3 External Sensors -> F1 Display Sensors.
Connect the battery again and monitor the 4 AD voltage values. If AD2 does not change, then it is a calibration error. I.e. the raw AD input is not being translated to the correct voltage.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
May 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
There in no voltage displayed and AD count is always 0
IRC you said that if AD2 goes then AD1 would also be out.
Is it possible for only one to die and not the other?

Blacky
May 21st, 2009, 10:56 AM
There in no voltage displayed and AD count is always 0
IRC you said that if AD2 goes then AD1 would also be out.
Is it possible for only one to die and not the other?

Sorry, I may have misled you.
AD1 and AD2 run via some of the same circuitry. If the common circuitry fails then both AD1 and AD2 will fail. However, AD2 can fail by itself.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
May 21st, 2009, 11:58 AM
Select: F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 Self Tests and monitor the second bottom row of figures. Those figures are the raw A/D counts that the A/Ds are measuring. With nothing connected they will normally read around 0-1.

Connect a 1.5V AA battery to AD2 and see if the value changes. (Use cancel to exit the test screen)

If it does not change then AD2 is toast.

If it does change, then select the option: F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F3 External Sensors -> F1 Display Sensors.
Connect the battery again and monitor the 4 AD voltage values. If AD2 does not change, then it is a calibration error. I.e. the raw AD input is not being translated to the correct voltage.

Regards
Paul
the second bottom row of figures shows
1_0_1_1

An "inexpensive" fix tho, right?
Something someone in the northern hemisphere can repair,
someone close to Arizona? :hihi:

Blacky
May 21st, 2009, 12:08 PM
the second bottom row of figures shows
1_0_1_1

An "inexpensive" fix tho, right?
Something someone in the northern hemisphere can repair,
someone close to Arizona? :hihi:

Contact Ira at Fish Tuning in CA, they handle FlashScan repairs. Details on our resellers web page.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 23rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Strangely I have reproduced the problem of AD2 appearing to be dead here on one of my test units. It may be that AD2 really did just die, or there is something else going on that I have not yet figured out.

I will post more about it here
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=95334#post95334

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 27th, 2009, 02:46 PM
See post #14: showthread.php?t=10900 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10900)