PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for DSP5 change

killerbee
May 20th, 2009, 02:04 AM
If the feasibility in this is overly burdensome, then let me know. It has been brought up a number of times, but never adjudicated as far as I know.

I would like to see MAF fuel, EGR off, in the DSP tables. If this means removing something, then I think it should be target vane. It does nothing, as far as switchability, and is a table most people do not understand.

MAF fuel will allow the programmer to build "clean" tunes on top of the base performance tune. It is one of the few intelligent tables in the code and is important for accurately controlling spoolup fuel, as well as preventing and controlling overfueling at high altitudes. EGT control.

Ross, Paul, can this this be done without too much stress?

vortecfcar
May 20th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Probably a pain, but definitely useful. I'll second fwiw.

jpgmtech
May 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Having a vague idea of what's involved, this would likely require a DPS5 OS re-write... but it is definitely a useful table. I'll add my vote here too.

GMPX
May 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Would probably be about a weeks work at a guess.
Removing something would be fraught with danger as it makes things incompatible with older versions. If there was still some room for the tables it would need to be added (I don't remember off the top of my head).
Now, the problem we face is the DSP OS's are offered for free, so from a business perspective it would not make much sense to spend a week fixing what essentially is not broken. But our goal is to make everyone happy, our business model is not about becoming the next Donald Trump, so if they are going to work better with those tables then we will have to consider it at some point.

killerbee
May 24th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Yup, there's no money in it, for sure. Just happier programmers. But it does provide a real important feature though. I know a lot of programmers are having to leave MAF fuel wide open for high perf tunes. It makes the truck a real menace on public roads and to breathing, and gives the dmax a bad name IMO. At least if MAF fuel was "selectable", the driver could "opt" to save the environment. :) That was my main ambition here.

Thank you Ross

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 25th, 2009, 01:59 AM
DSP2 tables had originally table DSP2-A0203, it was not MAF limited but still could be used as a fueling limit.

I would agree that if it could be added without a ton of extra work and trouble it would be if benefit.

I like the environment, I just like HP better.

:angel_innocent:

GMPX
May 25th, 2009, 10:08 AM
ok, so what table numbers in the factory OS need to be duplicated?

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
B0751, most people run with EGR shut off.

Perhaps make it a redundant table for egr on and egr off like you did for the Pilot C/D on the DSP5 tunes.

I don't know for LLY's if anything else is important, 95% of my customers are LB7. I only have a handful of High HP LLY trucks that I tune so I would defer to Ben or Michael or Pat or Rob on what they think would be of benefit for the LLY Crowd.

Thanks Ross.

:rockon:

killerbee
May 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
ditto, B0751