PDA

View Full Version : i can't re-program my 2001 8.1l tcm allison 5 speed

496chevy
May 20th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I can't re-program my tcm the bootloader keeps getting rejected and the new licence wasn't used on my v2 efi live with ver 7.5.5. I once had an allison tech try to re-program the tcm but was told the tcm was the very first controler that was put out and wasn't re-programmable. I copyed the program and attached it. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Blacky
May 20th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Can you please provide the relevant *.blx file described here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=121
That as I can try and see what is going wrong and if it is fixable.

Regards
Paul

496chevy
May 21st, 2009, 04:40 AM
Thanks for answering my thread, for some reason if i open my allison file after opening the pcm file not all 3 (read, part flash, full flash icons) will be lit up. when i close down efi live tune and than re-open it up than all the icons are lit up and i was able to re-program the TCM. now for some reason i keep hitting the reduce engine power when i do a full throttle pass. i have changed the process enablers to not reported for 1514 (i maxed the gragh out to the max efi live value and still trigger it) than hit the DTC 1781 and turned it off. When i hit the reduce power mode and the TDC that now comes up is tdc102 which is set to C non emitions. i'm running a costom 2 bar operating system for my 2001 4x4 gcm p/u truck. the engine is a 604 cu twin turboed engine and is starting to make some real power now, i've only been running about 5 psi of boost. Am I at the airflow limit of the program or have i just not shut something off? The transmission is fully built with all the good guy parts and i'm running a ATS co-pilot as well, the transmission seams to be shifting well, but maybe it is telling my ecm to reduce power, i will post my tunes.
thanks for your help.
496chevy

496chevy
May 21st, 2009, 07:40 AM
did another wot pass and still hitting the reduce power mode. getting a dtc 102 code but i can't change the settings in the process enabler because the engine won't run with the custom operating system if i change the settings. not to sure what to do at this point? any help would be appricated.
thanks.

GMPX
May 21st, 2009, 09:13 AM
I can't re-program my tcm the bootloader keeps getting rejected and the new licence wasn't used on my v2 efi live with ver 7.5.5. I once had an allison tech try to re-program the tcm but was told the tcm was the very first controler that was put out and wasn't re-programmable. I copyed the program and attached it. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
We have heard of a very early Allison TCM that is different to all the other 5 speed TCM's, but your one isn't one of them, it should be supported.

Thanks for answering my thread, for some reason if i open my allison file after opening the pcm file not all 3 (read, part flash, full flash icons) will be lit up. when i close down efi live tune and than re-open it up than all the icons are lit up and i was able to re-program the TCM. now for some reason i keep hitting the reduce engine power when i do a full throttle pass. i have changed the process enablers to not reported for 1514 (i maxed the gragh out to the max efi live value and still trigger it) than hit the DTC 1781 and turned it off. When i hit the reduce power mode and the TDC that now comes up is tdc102 which is set to C non emitions. i'm running a costom 2 bar operating system for my 2001 4x4 gcm p/u truck. the engine is a 604 cu twin turboed engine and is starting to make some real power now, i've only been running about 5 psi of boost. Am I at the airflow limit of the program or have i just not shut something off? The transmission is fully built with all the good guy parts and i'm running a ATS co-pilot as well, the transmission seams to be shifting well, but maybe it is telling my ecm to reduce power, i will post my tunes.
thanks for your help.
496chevy
With reduced engine power, often the problem is table C6101 (Under Engine Diagnostics / ETC), for testing only set the entire table to the maximum value to see if the problem goes away, I can see you have changed it, but go to the max value. If it does fix it, return the table to standard and start adding maybe 500 to the entire table until the problem stops.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - 604 cube Twin Turbo, WOW!!

Big Mike
May 21st, 2009, 05:57 PM
P.S - 604 cube Twin Turbo, WOW!!I agree. I'd love to see an underhood pic or two. :rockon:

496chevy
May 23rd, 2009, 06:02 AM
I tried to max out c6101 and it didn't stop the reduced power problem. When i retreve the tdc codes but there aren't any that explain why the reduced power mode is being triggered. All the transmission process enablers are turned off from the factory in the ecm and in the allison program there aren't any process enablers to turn off. I get the feeling the problem lies in the tcm telling the ecm to reduce power. I turned 1514 code off and 1781 off but still the reduced power comes up on the display next to the tach. any help would be great.
thanks