PDA

View Full Version : Cant tune 02 TCM

Dmax15
May 20th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I've been trying to load a transmission tune but every time it will say boot loader rejected. The OS is the same on the tune and I unchecked the use high speed box and I'm still not having any luck.

ScarabEpic22
May 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Can you read the current tune out of the TCM? What version of the software are you using? 7.5.5 build 86 is the latest, upgrade to that. Also if you have a V2 download 8.1.2 and upgrade that and your V2 (DO NOT use firmware 2.06.09!!)

Dmax15
May 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the help. Yeah I just read the tune out of the TCM and that would work. I just got it to work, unplugged the PCM and that seemed to do it for some reason, thanks.

ScarabEpic22
May 20th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Gotcha, there are times I have to unplug everything (FS from comp and car) and reboot my laptop then everything works great. Glad its working!

beach_33
May 23rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
every time i tune my tcm i have to unplug my ecm

Dmax15
May 23rd, 2009, 06:56 AM
every time i tune my tcm i have to unplug my ecm

Good to know, I had no idea, I just tried it and luckily it worked. Do you have to do this every time you tune any TCM?

GMPX
May 23rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
That is not normal, we'd like to try to get to the bottom of this problem.
Are you guys using a V2 or a V1?

Cheers,
Ross

Dmax15
May 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
I'm using V2. Also can you only tune one TCM with each V2?

MICK
May 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
I had similar issues with a VZ yesterday when trying to reprogram the PCM. Had the boot-loader rejected a couple of times. Had to unplug V2 FS from the vehicle, restart EFIlive and connect FS to the laptop to power up first before connecting to the vehicle to get things to operate.

Looks like there was issues when powering up FS V2 from the vehicle prior to connecting to the laptop. After the reprogramming of the PCM was complete I needed to cycle the ignition for the count down, after-wards I had to unplug FS from the vehicle again to establish scan communications as the PCM could not be detected.

This was done using the latest BBL software. Should have trace file if required.

Cheers

Mick

beach_33
May 24th, 2009, 10:54 AM
i am using a V2. it hasnt always done it. probably about the last 9 months or so. if i try to program the tcm with the pcm plugged in all the bootloaders are fine and then it will erase the tcm memory. then it will start the flash like normal. then after about 2 or 3 seconds the truck will chime like it is done but it says tcm in unknown state.