PDA

View Full Version : My LC1 is toast. Anyone using an AEM with BBL?

Goldfinger911
May 20th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well, with the latest firmware update, my LC1 bit the dust. Finally going to get rid of the piece of shit. I was a big AEM guy when I had my Supra. Has anyone used the AEM UEGO and serial output along with the V2 and serial logging?

I dont want any more fricken surprises when playing with BBL and someday BBF.

Please, any input would be awesome. Thanks.

mr.prick
May 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM
Which firmware are you talking about, V2 or LC-1?
BBL triggering Free to air CAL on LC1 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10854&highlight=lc1)

Goldfinger911
May 21st, 2009, 02:16 AM
Yup. I know. Thats what did it. The firmware triggered a free-air cal, several times. When I attempted to actually do a free air cal with the V2... the LED on my LC1 went out and never came back on. I have tried everything with no luck. In that thread, I suspect someone else had the same problem and just doesnt know it yet based on the description of the problems. When I monitor the LC1 WBO2 Status, it would flip from Lamba to AFR to Warming and back to Lamba over and over. It did that 3 or 4 times then poof.

mr.prick
May 21st, 2009, 02:38 AM
So the V2 must free air the LC-1 for this problem to appear?
I used that firmware with no problem, but I don't free airwith the V2.

joecar
May 21st, 2009, 02:48 AM
When I updated the LC-1's firmware a few years ago, it stopped working...

Innovate just "repaired" it at no cost to me (other than shipping it one way).

Goldfinger911
May 21st, 2009, 03:04 AM
Yeah, I may send this one back to be fixed... but I am changing to a "durable" product anyway. The LC1 has always been a little flaky for me and many many others. Check out the InnovateMotorsports forums. There are so many problems and complaints, that their tech support has stopped replying to most of them.

In the mean time, I will give an AEM UEGO a try. I used one for 2 years with not one problem on another vehicle. Hopefully I can repeat that.

When I updated the LC-1's firmware a few years ago, it stopped working...

Innovate just "repaired" it at no cost to me (other than shipping it one way).

mr.prick
May 21st, 2009, 03:46 AM
I seem to be the only one who's ever gotten an LC-1 that works. :hihi:
I have even changed the firmware.

FWIW like the V2,
you must use the latest release of LM programmer to update the firmware.
:throw:

:offtopic:
I am how ever having an odd problem with AD2,
it has stopped working.

Originally Posted by Blacky
The 4 AD's are paired 1-2 and 3-4. If there is a hardware fault 1 and 2 will fail or 3 and 4 will fail.

joecar
May 21st, 2009, 05:07 AM
I let Paul know about your AD2 not working... I wonder if Ira knows any tricks, he's very good with electronics.

roy
May 21st, 2009, 05:39 AM
If your thinking about throwing it away . I'll pay it forward to my address.

poolshark021
May 21st, 2009, 11:44 AM
My LC1 bit the dust last weekend as well. I updated the firmware on it a few weeks ago because it wouldn't save customized outputs through the LM programmer. It has been working fine since. I updated the V2 firmware and went for a drive and by the time I got down the driveway the LC1 serial data was unresponsive and the narrowband output of it was reading a steady 0.00V. I know it has nothing to do with the V2 firmware (EDIT: maybe it does have something to do with the firmware...), but I have only been using it for a month or so. I would have expected it to last longer than that. I don't really want to buy another one but I don't want to ship this out for repair and have it fail in another month either.

mistermike
May 22nd, 2009, 03:06 AM
I'm not a big fan of AEM stuff. They have built a lot of unreliable electronics, and their business practices are shady.

mr.prick
May 22nd, 2009, 03:15 AM
Which AEM are you looking to get?
I know one has a funky non linear output.

Goldfinger911
May 22nd, 2009, 03:42 AM
Yeah the older UEGO boxes had a non-linear output like the old FJO's. THey were cool because you could run multiple sensors with one box but non linear is tough to log with.

I am looking at the latest self contained controlller.

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=67

I have used (and tuned) AEM Standalone ECU's as well as their injector drivers with a lot of success. Support has been okay. Better than Innovate, but not as good as EFILive. :)

I have also used a lot of PLX Devices hardware. However, I have read on this forum that people have trouble with noise when serial logging.

Which AEM are you looking to get?
I know one has a funky non linear output.

mr.prick
May 22nd, 2009, 03:56 AM
The Great Wideband Shootout (http://www.paceperformance.com/paceperformance/pdf/widebandshootout.pdf)