PDA

View Full Version : First read is "froze"

overS10ded
May 22nd, 2009, 04:31 AM
I'm trying to read my '0411 after swapping it into my '96 and everything started ok but it has "froze" up reading at 209k of 512K. I'm afraid to turn anything off such as the ign or to stop the READ. What's going on? I have the V1 commercial scan/tune.

I have "stopped" the read and tried without the "high speed" button and still the same; seems when the PCM gets to the point where it cycles the fuel pump, the read freezes. Or that the read freezes after the PCM cycles the fuel pump while reading.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

chevy052500hd
May 22nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
might be other modules makin noise on the buss, try pulling the fuses for the BCM and ABS controller and air bag too. worse case you may have to make a stand alone harness to isolate the pcm from the truck.

overS10ded
May 22nd, 2009, 06:43 AM
I don't have any other modules onboard. The platform is a '91 S10 Blazer w/'96 4.3 which I am converting from the blackbox to the '0411. I need to read the PCM so I can disable VATS, and the alt codes, and some egr codes as well. I am just having problems reading the PCM as stated in the first post, it starts to read, then "freezes up" at the same time that I hear the fuel pump cycle. I used to use JET DST on my old black box and the fuel pump would cycle like that after the read was finished. However the V1 is telling me that the read is only partially complete. Hope someone can help me out.

Good times!

Bruce

chevy052500hd
May 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
okay do you still have the jet tuner? If so, see if it will read that pcm. It should be able to do so. You may have a bad ground or possibly a faulty pcm but that might be unlikely since you are able to read half of the tune.

overS10ded
May 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Good idea! I'll see if the Jet software works. Thanks for the idea! However, that would use another license in order to read the PCM on my JET, that's too expensive. EFILive should do the trick, I just have to figure out what's going on...shouldn't quit in the middle with no error code.

Bruce

Blacky
May 22nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Are you using the latest EFILive software? V7.5.5 build 86 available here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Regards
Paul

overS10ded
May 22nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
No, but I will be! Thanks! I'll see if that does the trick.

Good times!

Bruce

overS10ded
May 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Nope, the update didn't do anything different. Same situation. This time it read to 157K of 512K, then the fuel pump relay cycled the pump and progress stopped. Or does the progress stop then the fuel pump cycles? Either way, I'm stumped for now!

Good times!

Bruce

Blacky
May 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
The fuel pump cycles when the PCM comes back "online" after being in data transfer mode. I.e. something is causing the read to stop, then the PCM boots up and cycles the fuel pump.

Can you send me (paul@efilive.com) the appropriate files as per this help page:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=121

Include a link to this thread so I know what its about.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 22nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Some other things to try:
1. A different USB port on your laptop.
2. A different USB cable between FlashScan and the PC
3. A different laptop (if available)
4. A different vehicle (if available)

The results of trying each of those options will help eliminate certain causes of the problem.

Regards
Paul

overS10ded
May 22nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
OK, yes it was interference...I forgot to disable the wireless on the laptop! So I was able to read perfectly after that, thanks. I'm very excited to work with the EFILive. Should be up and running soon now. Just need to disable the VATS, and take care of some DTCs that I think I have figured out. I'll let ya know later! Thanks a million guys!

Good Times!

Bruce

Baldric
May 22nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
OK, yes it was interference...I forgot to disable the wireless on the laptop! So I was able to read perfectly after that, thanks. I'm very excited to work with the EFILive. Should be up and running soon now. Just need to disable the VATS, and take care of some DTCs that I think I have figured out. I'll let ya know later! Thanks a million guys!

Good Times!

Bruce

glad to see you got it sorted. fnny thing is tho i dont have to disbale my wirless anyway a good reslt enjoy it :)

overS10ded
May 22nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
I think it is because mine is a wireless notebook adapter and I forgot about it causing interference, anyway, detached it and things worked fine.
Thanks!

Bruce

overS10ded
May 23rd, 2009, 04:55 AM
Disabled the VATS and it runs!! Next step is the Marine Manifold! Thanks again!

Good times!!

Bruce