PDA

View Full Version : Check out this tune

Big D
May 23rd, 2009, 05:13 AM
2000 Silverado short bed, slammed on 275/45r20 rubber
5.3 Whipple charged with 4L60 trans. Upgraded OS to 2002

This has the whipple charger controller box which did nothing but cause problems tuning. That has been disconnected.
completed autoVE and this tune is my end result.
The truck needs some work such as constantly running high temps 215-230 :bad:
I do believe I have missed something with this tune. It seems to not utilize PE but command AFR from B0101, the reason its so high. Watch the AFR it goes fat then lean at higher RPM. Also MAP maxes out, is it time for for a 2 or 3 bar sensor?. So, I have missed something somewhere and need a second set of eyes to give it all a look.
My goal with this is to be able to break the tires loose from a stop, its almost there but not quite. I am also going to run it on a dyno to get max pwr but need to get some issues fixed first.

Give me your ideas

Big D
May 25th, 2009, 02:26 PM
any ideas?

mr.prick
May 25th, 2009, 02:47 PM
2/3 BAR is pretty much mandatory with FI as well as COS
Is B3605 stock?
Maybe the lean spots are DFCO between shifts,
for the most part you seemed to richen up under throttle.

Big D
May 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM
2/3 BAR is pretty much mandatory with FI as well as COS
Is B3605 stock?
Maybe the lean spots are DFCO between shifts,
for the most part you seemed to richen up under throttle.

After taking a couple of days off from this project with a fresh brain, I need to verify the MAP sensor type. I would assume the whipple charger kit would have this but lately my assumtions have been way off base. I am going to assume right now that it has a stock sensor in place for the reason all the wide open pulls have B0101 and other psi tables at 14.9. Just doesnt give any flexibility being at the top of the table.

B3605 is stock. I compared this the 00 "stock" tune pulled out of the ecm before starting and it matches.

Going to get this setup as a COS and check the MAP before I go any further with this. I also need to find out why it runs so dang hot.

Big D
May 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Another idea, it makes sense to me to tune wot fueling to a BEN of .90 to 1? I see it being that if its setup to see 1 while being in OLSD, the engine is showing you what it wants? or am I getting too lean doing this?

Highlander
May 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM
No its not mandatory.... MAF can work just as well if not better due to temp changes that the maf can see... you just have to do a good job tuning the Dynamics section... all should be well...