PDA

View Full Version : Remote Start configuration

Max Power
May 24th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Is there any chance of having access to the remote start settings? For example it would be nice to change the run times from 10 minutes to 30-40 minutes or more. It would also be nice to change or remove the maximum amount of run times up from 2. Living where it can get down to -40 makes this remote start less then adequate.

Brian1
May 24th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Not part of the ECM or TCM interfaces. Part of the BCM interface I believe.

Brian

GMPX
May 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure where the setting are stored, I think at least on the gas ECM's there is some parameters controlled by the ECM. Hey, it's coming in to Summer, you should be right now :)

Max Power
May 25th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Ya I know but winter isn't far away.

I'll tell you it would be good for licence sales if I could change the run time. Is it hard to figure out Ross?

GMPX
May 25th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I'm a little confused as you have an LLY right? But this post is in the LBZ/LMM?
It might not be too hard to figure out where the control is done.

Max Power
May 25th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Sorry I now have an 09 LMM.

Max Power
May 28th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Just a friendly reminder. I know you have lots on your plate.

PinkoDiesel
June 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Is there any chance of having access to the remote start settings? For example it would be nice to change the run times from 10 minutes to 30-40 minutes or more. It would also be nice to change or remove the maximum amount of run times up from 2. Living where it can get down to -40 makes this remote start less then adequate.

x2 on that! I would love to change mine to more like 30min. Even for the summer time.

Max Power
September 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Bringing this one to the top as it's starting to get cold out :)

maxxflip
October 2nd, 2009, 04:34 AM
I asked GM about this they said it cant be changed although they also told me the tpms cant be either so idk would be nice though

GMPX
October 2nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
My understanding of this is you get two remote starts.
One can run for 'x' time, the next (and last) runs for 'y' time.
'y' time is shorter than 'x'.
What are the actual times GM have assigned?

Also, was this an LMM only thing or did LBZ have remote start as well?

maxxflip
October 3rd, 2009, 04:47 AM
iirc mine runs for 9 min each time

fire0021
October 5th, 2009, 04:24 AM
My understanding of this is you get two remote starts.
One can run for 'x' time, the next (and last) runs for 'y' time.
'y' time is shorter than 'x'.
What are the actual times GM have assigned?

Also, was this an LMM only thing or did LBZ have remote start as well?

There are two 10 min run times after the second one you can not restart the truck with out first key cyceling the ignition. The remote start option was only avalibale on Lmm 2007.5 and newer trucks. The module is located behind the pasanger side rear seat kick panel. for me its not so much the run times as 20 mins combied is plenty long to get the truck warm. But I would like to set the delay for the glow plugs to be longer as its really dosent wait for them to shut off before the truck starts. and also would be cool if you could start the truck more then two times if wanted with the remote.