PDA

View Full Version : E67 cts-v

jbehe
May 24th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I'm working with an 06 CTSV with a 112 Maggie. The car is exhibiting the following problem. In high gear low rpm high load situations such as accelerating away in 5th or 6th gear from 1200 rpms there is what seems to be a misfire. After duplicating this on my dyno what appears to be happening is that there is significant knock and the timing is being retarded. This also corresponds with the transition to positive manifold pressure on the order of 2.0psi. The car came to me with a base flash from Magn which was basically nothing more than scaling for the 60lb hr injectors that are installed. Also, the dealer who sent the car to me had replaced plugs, wires, MAF, MAP sensor so I am assuming that all these components are in good working order. I am happy to provide any additional info anyone would request as this is just an introductory post.

ScarabEpic22
May 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Have you pulled spark in the cells where you're getting knock? Thats what I would start off with, Ive been fighting my 02 P10 PCM big time the last few days with this exact same deal. 4th (OD), high load, 2000ish rpms (so accelerating cruise settings).

And welcome to the forum!

Highlander
May 24th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Be sure that you are in PE already.

GAMEOVER
May 24th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Be sure that you are in PE already.

That's what I was thinking....

jbehe
May 24th, 2009, 11:59 PM
It is in PE and as for pulling timing, the values in the timing tables at those load cells are negative.