PDA

View Full Version : What about tuning the LS7 PCM??

Redline Motorsports
September 28th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I have a new ZO6 on the way and can only hope that EFI Live is going to make tuning a possibility! It is my understanding that the new 06' PCM is going to be different from the 05' PCM. Anyone got any scoop on this??

Thanks

Howard

GMPX
September 28th, 2005, 02:30 PM
We are working on LS2, yes, the 2006 ECM is different again to the 2005 LS2 ECM :cry:

Cheers,
Ross

SinisterSS
September 28th, 2005, 02:56 PM
The 2005's are the new '98s. :D

Redline Motorsports
September 28th, 2005, 03:20 PM

LOL!!

foff667
September 29th, 2005, 01:25 AM

from the couple of ls2 files I have seen your not too far off...at least with hpt there arent a ton of things you can edit(probably 1/3rd that of a std ls1 file) and what you can edit is very different then what im used to seeing(ie VE tables that go to 4096, split maf tables, % fan #'s...just odd) I cant even imagine what the 06 stuff will consist of though.

GMPX
September 29th, 2005, 09:04 AM
foff667,

First up, welcome to the EFILive forum.......the code in the LS2 ECM appears to be written by a different team than the LS1, although alot of the concepts remain the same the actual routines are in my opinion are not written as efficient as the LS1. Perhaps because the LS2 ECM does not need to control the Trans as well then CPU throughput was not as much of a concern.
The 2006 ECM is a whole new ball game, new CPU type for starters :cry: then on top of that there will be another new Trans controller for the 6 speed Auto, not sure when that is supposed to be due though.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
September 29th, 2005, 09:06 AM

That's exactly how I feel Rick, I can't believe GM would only run that ECM for such a short time.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
September 29th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I guess the big questions is WHEN can we expect to see 06'+ tuning capability?

You guys close on the 05'??

Howard

WopOnTour
September 29th, 2005, 03:24 PM

That's exactly how I feel Rick, I can't believe GM would only run that ECM for such a short time.

Cheers,
RossWell it looks like the E40 isnt dead in other product. It's still being used in the GMT360 and 370s (Trailblazer, Envoy, Ranier, Ascender) with the 5.3 LH6 as well as the LS4 in the Grand Prix GXP (maybe some others?)

Any chance EFILive will work with these cars/SUVs that share the same ECM as the 2005 LS2??
Thanks
WOT

zrx1200
September 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I guess the big questions is WHEN can we expect to see 06'+ tuning capability?

You guys close on the 05'??

Howard i belive 05 is in testing..

GMPX
September 29th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Our big delay with LS2 support has been the new hardware, though pretty soon we might post up some pics to show you all what is around the corner, we 'hope' to have a few at SEMA to show off.
It is a totally new design which will impress I'm sure.

I don't believe the 2006 ECM is out in the wild yet and with it being a totally new design on many fronts who knows what we will be up against.

The 2005 ECM (called the E40) is coming along O.K, no release dates yet, look what happened when we did that for the 1998 :shock:
So far I think we have about 100 tables/parameters figured out, but that should increase by a fair amount by release time. At this stage because of the new hardware delays communications development to the E40 has been slow :cry:
Same goes for the Trans ECU, pretty much got all the shift tables etc done.

But, we should have a new non LSx platform in Beta testing within 2 - 3 weeks, if you are coming to SEMA drop by to have a look.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
September 29th, 2005, 09:18 PM
But, we should have a new non LSx platform in Beta testing within 2 - 3 weeks, if you are coming to SEMA drop by to have a look.

hmmm.... Sounds interesting.

John Skiba
September 30th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Our big delay with LS2 support has been the new hardware, though pretty soon we might post up some pics to show you all what is around the corner, we 'hope' to have a few at SEMA to show off.
It is a totally new design which will impress I'm sure.

Cheers,
Ross

Impress is a huge understatement Ross! Flat out jaw dropping is more like it!!! :shock: (just gave me the chills again ;) )