PDA

View Full Version : Injectors aren't shutting off on decel???

alwaysinboost
May 26th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Little background info...
01 Z06 w/procharger
2bar COS3 SD tune
innovative LC1 w/XD-16 gauge
96# injectors using an injector driver box (not sure while brand)

not sure why but when I lift off the gas and decel, like when coasting down a hill in gear, the wideband is still reading 12.5:1 (or whatever the A/F was when I was just driving). Shouldn't they (injectors) be shutting off and reading free air (20.9% o2) when you're off the gas in gear? every other car I've seen does this, why not the z06?

I've been able to get my innovative LC1 to read 20.9% a couple of times but its not at all consistant. Doesn't matter where in the RPM band I lift off, about 98% of the time it won't read free air.

Is there a setting in EFILive to shut the injectors off when 100% off the gas in decel? I think this might be part of the reason why my fuel ecomony sucks so bad, the car gets better gas mileage while crusing then it does coasting. :hihi:

i did search before posting (decel, free air) but came up with squat.
TIA for the help.

mr.prick
May 26th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Sounds like your injector tables need some work.
There are countless discussions on injectors here and LS1TECH (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/index.php)

Kevin Doe
May 26th, 2009, 05:11 AM
You probalby just have your DFCO turned off.

Under Engine Calibration, Fuel, DFCO. Check out your enable/disable, and activate/deactivate parameters. They might be set so that you never get into DFCO mode. A lot of people turn it off for VE mapping, and they might have not turned it back on.