PDA

View Full Version : lbz question

saltflat
May 26th, 2009, 04:50 AM
so in my tuning endeavours i have ran into a snag. I hear everybody saying to log and tune log and tune. When i log what am i looking for exacltly? i just got my suncoast installed in my 07 lbz and im ready to start making some power. What are some things to change and when i change them and log my changes how will i know if they have been adjusted enough. Sorry for the broad range of questions.

rcr1978
May 27th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Make sure you are getting the changes you are asking for such as timing, pulse width, boost, torque, rail pressure or at least able to maintain this, EGR off if you so desire.

saltflat
May 27th, 2009, 04:19 AM
what am i looking for timing wise i know quite a bit about gas engines but diesel is new to me.

LBZoom
May 27th, 2009, 03:19 PM
do a search on here for the timing calculator and that can help you some, it allows you to define the amount of BTDC for the injection cycle. Before Top Dead Center, you define the amount of fuel you want to have injected before the piston reaches the top in other words. I also have an LBZ and have been experimenting with timing a lot, if you need any help feel free to PM me man, we're all learners here!