PDA

View Full Version : Still have firmware problems!

JR-CRUZN-C5
May 26th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Guys I will be racing this weekend and I made the mistake of downloading the "NEW" updates into my perfectly good and working V2 with bad results as I have posted! I'm not a computer guy but I did everything suggested including uninstalling and reinstalling V7 & V8. The end result of many hours of hassel is I still get the failures of #4, 5 & 6. DO I NEED TO CARE OR CAN I GO AHEAD AND BBL AT THE RACES???? I don't use wideband into the V2 I use a "stand alone" wide band along with my V2 narrowband to give me data to compare against each other.

Please give me some direction on this!

(using V2.06.10 may25 I also get #2 ROM: Fail)

JR

mr.prick
May 26th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I just performed the self tests and 2,4,5,6 failed for me too. BFD
I had trouble reformatting the .pmm files back the V2 with EE.
EE locked up and I got "floating point division by zero" error.
But EFILive scan and tune copied all the files.
You must copy the .pmm files back to the V2 after the self test.

I logged BBL and everything is good.

JR-CRUZN-C5
May 26th, 2009, 03:28 PM
mr.prick -

$64,000.00 question. I put the 5/20/09 Firmware back in and redid config. would you run that OR the 5/25/09 version in ?????

sorry for bugging you

JR

kp
May 27th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I still have the 2.06.06 firmware from December and it fails 4, 5 and 6 on the self tests.. I didnt have to put the .pmm files back in but I did have to reformat the SD card after running the self tests.

mr.prick
May 27th, 2009, 01:52 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't revert firmware, but if some how you did
Firmware V2.06.10May25 (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5450&d=1243198528) is the one you want.
It fixes a bug with the AD inputs.

You can always do a "dry run" before dyno/track day.
You can just log BBL with the key on motor off.
AD, MAP, ECT,IAT these will show data.

mr.prick
May 27th, 2009, 01:58 AM
I still have the 2.06.06 firmware from December and it fails 4, 5 and 6 on the self tests.. I didnt have to put the .pmm files back in but I did have to reformat the SD card after running the self tests.

LOL
keep this firmware installed.
I think V2.06.07 was when the AD bug started.

kp
May 27th, 2009, 02:04 AM
LOL
keep this firmware installed.
I think V2.06.07 was when the AD bug started.

Yea, my desktop auto updated a week or so ago and I was going to upgrade until I started reading about the serial LC-1 issues, glad I checked here first before upgrading.

But either way just to let the OP know that mine still fails the 4,5,6 self tests with the old firmware so I wouldnt worry about that.

mr.prick
May 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
The new scan and tune software is nice for BBL but the firmware between
V2.06.07 - V2.06.10 sucks.
As for the failed self tests, this was the first time I bothered to do them
and I performed them with V2 to car only no PC.
Also after performing the V2 formatted the pmm. files automatically and notified me of this.
How you got away without this maybe because of the firmware version.

kp
May 27th, 2009, 11:20 AM
The new scan and tune software is nice for BBL but the firmware between
V2.06.07 - V2.06.10 sucks.
As for the failed self tests, this was the first time I bothered to do them
and I performed them with V2 to car only no PC.
Also after performing the V2 formatted the pmm. files automatically and notified me of this.
How you got away without this maybe because of the firmware version.

When I ran the self tests (I was curious after reading this post) it wouldn't record to the SD card but everything else worked OK, got some kind of SD card error when I tried to record a log, but it would display the PIDs just fine. I formatted the SD card with the V2 and everything worked fine again.

I agree on the software for the BBL looking a lot better but I'll wait a bit until everything gets straightened out.