PDA

View Full Version : need a race tune for 04 duramax

hialeahlb7
May 26th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Hello guys I just got my efi Live V2 and I am ready to start playing but have no experience I need a race tune I am running now a PPE exelerator hot +, Hight Tech turbo ppe lift pump durmaximazer complete 4" exhaust tranny stage 5 by ATS S&B air filter propone Kit, I just got the dsp5 switch so I need some tunes to start playing

chevydieselsmoker
May 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Heres 2 good sites to check out
dieselplace.com has a lot in the efi section and a tune library as well
duramaxtuner.com nick has an extensive tune library you can buy acess to if you want and he can hook you up with whatever you want to do with you truck from mild to wild:)

hialeahlb7
May 27th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Thanks for ur reference chevydieselsmoker ir will look forward that site seems to be a good source

JST
June 1st, 2009, 09:52 AM
Let me know what you think of the tune :rockon:

JST
June 7th, 2009, 07:38 AM
HE RAN A 12.0 WITH THE RACE TUNE THAT I RUN IN MY OLD WORK TRUCK,MY WORK TRUCK (OLD RED) RUNS A 12.6 AT 107.9 MPH,IT HAS A TRANS AND LIFT PUMP AND 338,000 MILE.IT'S A TUNE I HAVE RAN AT THE TRACK FOR 2 YEARS,I THINK IT WILL RUN A LOW 12 BUT WITH ALL THE MILES I TRY NOT TO PUSH TO HARD :doh2:

hialeahlb7
June 7th, 2009, 08:21 AM
That's ok every truck is different mine has only 75000 miles I'm planing to get the dual cp3 and then start the juice for the motor let's see I'll keep u post it I want to go in to 11' s

JST
June 7th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Send the tune back to me and I can put some more fuel in it,if you got a 12.0 I think you may go into the 11's,what was your mph

hialeahlb7
June 7th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I was running 116 I think but don want to go crazy remember my motor is stock I have to start playing with it but need some money can you give me and idea about preparing the motor in terms of money and the thinks I have to do I mean i don't know much about mechanics

JST
June 8th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I was running 116 I think but don want to go crazy remember my motor is stock I have to start playing with it but need some money can you give me and idea about preparing the motor in terms of money and the thinks I have to do I mean i don't know much about mechanicsDo not put the cp3 on tell you have rods and you may want to cut the piston down to 16to1 or put thicker head gaskets on ?