PDA

View Full Version : Scan doesn't work after upgrade

ChucksZ06
June 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
I recently upgraded to 7.5 along with the commercial license so I could take advantage of custom os features. Now my flashscan will not work, it loads but will not connect to pcm and locks up when I click on connect. Any one have a suggestion. Thanks.

joecar
June 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM
FlashScan V1 or V2...?

ChucksZ06
June 1st, 2009, 04:07 PM
It is V1.

joecar
June 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM
Hmmm... did the driver install...?

Blacky
June 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Can you go through the checklist on this page to make sure your V1's USB settings have not been lost.
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&Itemid=122

Regards
Paul

ChucksZ06
June 2nd, 2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks Paul I will try that. Chuck

ChucksZ06
June 2nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
I checked the usb settings and they match except the V1.12 is V1.21 which is probably just an update?

ChucksZ06
June 2nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
It asks for information on vehicle type and operating system when trying to scan. Is that correct? My old version did not do that.

Blacky
June 2nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
I checked the usb settings and they match except the V1.12 is V1.21 which is probably just an update?

No, that's my typing mistake on the web page, I'll fix it.
Paul

Blacky
June 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
It asks for information on vehicle type and operating system when trying to scan. Is that correct? My old version did not do that.

That is correct, EFILive just needs to know the first two digits of the VIN. So just enter 1Gxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be happy (you can leave OS blank). As soon as you connect to your vehicle the software will update the VIN and OS with the correct VIN and OS from the vehicle.

It won't ask you again unless you reset/clear the EFILive registry settings. I guess you selected to delete the registry settings when you updated the V7 software. There's no harm in doing that, just that the software reverts back to the installation defaults such as not knowing the most recently used VIN.

Regards
Paul

ChucksZ06
June 2nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Thank you Paul. It is now working. I do not know why unless it was something left over from the original version. Now I have to be brave enough to try the custom os features. I was just telling my wife over dinner how great it is to have the originator of a product respond to questions from a customer. You are to be commended. Chuck

Blacky
June 2nd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Just for your info, the most recently used VIN is stored in the registry at the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Properti es\MRU\VIN.

If you delete that entry from the registry, then you will be asked to provide a VIN when the software next starts up.

When you (re)install EFILive V7.5 a dialog box is shown asking if you want to clear the registry. If you selected yes to that, then that will delete all your settings including the most recently used VIN. Which is probably what happened. That, or you upgraded from an older V7.4 or earlier version, in which case the registry settings are not copied to the new V7.5 software.

Whenever you want to restore the software settings to the install defaults, you can delete the entire registry key at \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5, then when you next start the software it will re-create all the registry settings.

Regards
Paul

ChucksZ06
June 2nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
Thats what I did is upgrade from V7.3. Thanks for tip.