PDA

View Full Version : will flashscan v2 work on 3.4l grand-am

Eric
June 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
Hello Eric here , new to the forum , recieved my flashscan v2 for my 4.8 sc silverado wow amazing product , is the flashscan v2 able to tune my 2003 3.4l grand-am gt so i can dissable the security system that keeps acting up on us , i tried to connect with the pcm but no luck , does anybody have any info on this subject , thank you

mr.prick
June 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Supported Vehicles (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&Itemid=82)

Eric
June 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
i know i have been to supported vehicles , couldnt find it , just thought the suported vehicles were not all listed but i think the list is complete , efi live can answer this for me i hope thank you

joecar
June 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Eric,

You will not be able to tune your 3.4L V6 (RPO LA1).

You will be able to only scan (you will have to select Dynamic mode).

Regarding BCM not allowing engine to start:

- if you make a false start (when you hit the ign key too briefly, motor cranks without starting...), the BCM enters relearn mode which takes 10 minutes (after which the security light will blink)... you have to do this a total of 3 times (i.e. 30 minutes), and then the BCM will allow the engine to start;

- in future, if the motor does not start on the first hit, turn the ign key all the way to off before trying to hit it again... this will prevent the BCM from entering relearn mode;

I know, it's a real PITA.

GMPX
June 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
We've had plans to do the 3.1, 3.4 & 3.8L for sometime, it's on the cards but not as a priority, one day.

joecar
June 2nd, 2009, 01:26 AM
When tuning support is provided, these things would make the car livable:
- disable security no-start,
- reduce coolant fan on/off temps,
- reduce coolant fan AC run-on times,
- allow TCC to lock in 3rd gear.

Eric
June 2nd, 2009, 04:31 AM
so i guess support is not availible yet and yes cant wait to make the car more livable any ideas on when thank you

Eric
June 2nd, 2009, 04:44 AM
Eric here and thank you for the info

steve40
August 25th, 2009, 09:50 AM
how do you get to dynamic scan mode?

minytrker
August 25th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Hello Eric here , new to the forum , recieved my flashscan v2 for my 4.8 sc silverado wow amazing product , is the flashscan v2 able to tune my 2003 3.4l grand-am gt so i can dissable the security system that keeps acting up on us , i tried to connect with the pcm but no luck , does anybody have any info on this subject , thank you

No you cant tune it with efi. I also have the same car, just sold it today actually. HPT supports it, well they support it but its no where close the same as efi live supporting a car. There are alot of tables missing and many things you cant change.

mr.prick
August 25th, 2009, 10:50 AM
how do you get to dynamic scan mode?
Scan Tool> Edit> Properties> Logging (Scan Mode) :)

Eric
August 31st, 2009, 02:14 PM
thanks Lorenz , sorry about the delay , been working alot , have a question , will i be able to diable the security system on my grand am 3.4l with hp tuners, if i can it will mostly be used only for this so i dont care if it is not as complete as efi live thank you Eric