PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged throttle tip in question

Ed@Late Model Speed
June 2nd, 2009, 02:56 AM
I have a general question regarding where (throttle%)people think the optimum point to command tip in fueling is?

The setup in question would be an LS2 low compression with a Magnuson 112 HH making 11-12 PSI

I know some like to have WOT fueling happen a little before boost, and some like to see it after you build 1-2 PSI, but I'm wondering what the majority thinks?

Please post up what throttle % you typically like to see WOT fueling happen in an application like this.

Thank you,
Ed

MICK
June 2nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Ed,

With that type of SC you will hit boost at 45% throttle very easy and I have seen that it is common practice to lower the throttle % from OEM calibrations. Usually there set around 85% throttle and I have seen it as low as 50 %.

The thing is you go into boost at a very low rpm and you should command your fueling from PE vs RPM and it will give you greater control over your commanded fuel. When in PE you go into pure open loop and some say that's what you should force when tuning VE.

If you want to sort the lean tip in you have, look at the Dynamic Parameters. There is little understanding of how they work but consider them as a pump shot.

Cheers

Mick