PDA

View Full Version : RPM pulses from V6 to V8 swap 2001

onegonewild
June 3rd, 2009, 06:54 AM
I am currently using a pcm from a 2001 S10 that originally had a 4.3l. I have flashed the new configuration from a 2002 GMC Savana van and the tachometer obviously reads incorrect. After checking the setting, i have noticed that i am not going to be able to program this fix but am going to have to modify the IPC. MY question is that if I was to acquire a IPC from a 2001 or so Silverado that has a tachometer, and after changing the chip that controls the stepper motor for the tach, would i be ale to program the pcm to set the proper pulse no matter if the engine in the 2001 is an LS based engine? I am pretty sure that this should not cause a problem since only the reference signal is what matters. Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance

onegonewild
June 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Cancel this post. I found my answer. Appearantly there is too much required to modify the factory IPC. I was able to find an integration module that will modify the V8 pulse to work with a V6 dash. I was able to get one from Dakota Digital. Sorry for this post everyone. thanks

chevy052500hd
June 6th, 2009, 02:41 AM
you shouldn't need that module. I have been through this with my s10. If you have an 2001 you require a 1.5 pulse output from the pcm. So in the tachometer field you should enter in G1204 and G1205 4 and that should work just fine. 2000 and earlier ipcs need a 3 pulse 2001 and up ipc's need a 1.5 pulse

onegonewild
June 7th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Thats what i have been trying since i originally had 1 in the N value. If 12 pulses is too much and trying 6 pulses(N=2) is not enough, i have to find a way to split that value to get close to 10 or so. Thus i am going to have to use that module to make this work. Thanks for the information though.