PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE BBL...No luck

samh_08
June 4th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Hey guys,
I have a worn out laptop battery and I can never get a nice long autoVE drive in. I can maybe get in a fifteen minute drive in, but my laptop is dead before I can analyze and tune anything.

I have tried setting up AutoVE with BBL with no luck. I am using a serial LC-1 and have tried everything I can think of to get all my AutoVE PIDs to show up.

Please let me know if this is possible, and if so, what I am doing wrong.

Sam

5.7ute
June 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM
What pids arent showing up? Post your options txt file so we can have a look at it.

samh_08
June 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Here you go..

I added in under (LS1 99+|Auto)

Let me know what you think. :cheers:

5.7ute
June 4th, 2009, 04:03 PM
You need to log the MAP pid as well. FWIW I dont log the calc pids as they can be added afterwards when viewing the log.

samh_08
June 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Learn something new everyday. I didnt know you can add them in afterwards.

So basically I can log everything I want to, then just map and analyze the data with the CALC pids later?

Also, is there a way to customize what units you want everything to be in. I've tried selecting custom and I cant get what I want..

TFZ_Z06
June 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hey guys,
I have a worn out laptop battery and I can never get a nice long autoVE drive in. I can maybe get in a fifteen minute drive in, but my laptop is dead before I can analyze and tune anything.

I have tried setting up AutoVE with BBL with no luck. I am using a serial LC-1 and have tried everything I can think of to get all my AutoVE PIDs to show up.

Please let me know if this is possible, and if so, what I am doing wrong.

Sam

I know its costly, but if there is a RoadRunner for your car, you may want to consider getting one. There is a small learning curve to using it, but once you get the hang of it, VE tunes happen quick and efficiently.
Might want to buy a new battery or a few extras. A guy can never have enough tuning tools.
:cheers:

5.7ute
June 4th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Learn something new everyday. I didnt know you can add them in afterwards.

So basically I can log everything I want to, then just map and analyze the data with the CALC pids later?

Also, is there a way to customize what units you want everything to be in. I've tried selecting custom and I cant get what I want..

Yes, it is a great feature. CALC.PIDS dont actually use any channels so you can still log everything you want with the calc pids. I just find it easier to add them later.
I am not sure on the customising units. Hopefully Joecar will chime in as he is great with this side of things.

joecar
June 8th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Look at this image, see if it helps...

When you do this, pressing ENTER on the V2 keypad toggles between metric and custom units for each pid.

samh_08
June 8th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Excellent info! I was expecting to have to do this by code but now its in an easy graphical form.

Any idea on when the V8 software will be released to the public?

Thanks Joe,
Sam

Highlander
June 9th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Look at this image, see if it helps...

When you do this, pressing ENTER on the V2 keypad toggles between metric and custom units for each pid.

How do you do this???

on the quick selection i get always NONE...

joecar
June 10th, 2009, 05:03 AM
How do you do this???

on the quick selection i get always NONE...Post some screenshots.